Default Cannibal

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:36:52 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

You're a rare type these days. . .

Well, thanks! Actually, I have some friends who are pretty sensible.
They can't believe I work for the city.

It must be difficult working alongside a bunch of liberals which is usually
what you end up with in any government office. They hate conservatives and
actively discriminate against them. So much for their vaunted 'diversity.'

snip

I guess the point is these lubbers who pretend to be sailors are actually
comforted by having familiar household appliances running. I suppose it
relieves the tension the feel on a boat so they use it as a security
blanket
of sorts.

I don't even like to listen to the TV... maybe some football or
baseball at a friend's place.

Atta girl! I used to have a little TV years ago but I got so mad at how
much of a waste of space it was that I ended up tossing it overboard in the
Gulf Stream one fine day. Haven't missed TV since. The little snippets I get
of it in public places such as stores and restaurants reconfirms my
observation that TV is the main reason why much of the American public is a
bunch of stupid, brainwashed, mindless consumers and hypocrite drones.

The only place to get somewhat accurate and unbiased information is the
radio. A shortwave radio receiver is a necessity so one can listen to radio
around the world to get an unslanted view of what's going on. Even Radio
Havana has more accurate reporting than the Voice of America or the
Corporation for Public Broadcast - a taxpayer supported arm of the Democrat
Party.

I don't know if you've spent any time in or around boats but very
ludicrous
is when so-called sailors become all insecure in any kind of moderate to
heavy winds so what do they do? They start up the diesel and keep it
running
on 'standby'. Talk about Binky city. LOL!

Not really a lot. It's pretty light wind down this way, but I don't
think the boats around here go out much. Every time I visit a marina,
just about every boat is at the dock. The big ones never seem to
leave.. mostly smaller ones who look like they know what they're
doing.

What you just said applies almost EVERYWHERE. Few things are more pathetic
than the pretenders living in the Marinas or keeping their boats there where
most of them rot away going unused year after year, just taking up space and
making the Marina look like some floating, trailer park trash haven. It is a
general truism that the bigger the boat the less it sails. You hit the nail
right on the head with that one, JessicaB. Just look at all the
thick-as-an-arm, power cords, hoses, dock lines, cable TV hook-ups,fenders,
etc. that must be dealt with. Daunting. I can be underway in two minutes
just by tying a float to my mooring lines and dropping it into the water.

snip

I suppose I'm spoiled here in southern Florida. It gets a little chilly
from
time to time in the winter but most of the year it's shorts, sandals and
t-shirt time. Shoes are for the land. I don't allow cigarette smoking
aboard
nor do I allow shoes worn. Nothing beats bare feet. If one is so clumsy
that
they stub a toe then I say, "TOUGH." So no bubble busted. Actually any
enclosed footwear is bad for the feet. Makes a great environment for
smelly
bacteria and hungry fungus.

I hate to wear closed shoes if I don't have to... I have to at work. a
nice outfit because I have deal with the public when I travel around.

What kind of work do you do?

snip

You are so well-grounded. Why can't everybody be a little less selfish and
little more concerned about peace and quiet - especially in an anchorage.
Are they so stupid and/or rude that they think their individual noise has
greater rights than others peace and quiet. Just who are these people who
are so self-centered and arrogant? Not only do they make noise but they
pollute the atmosphere doing it. Any boat downwind from a diesel motor
running will be forced to breathe dangerous and obnoxious fumes. How rude
is
THAT?

It's got to be the worst smell there is. I almost puked the last time
I smelled it.

Many people become "seasick" on diesel powered boats not as much from the
motion but from those obnoxious diesel fumes. I wish there were stricter
emmission standards being enforced for diesel engines.

snip

I can't stand it when my neighbors run their TVs full blast. How about
other people?? Hello??

You won't get much support among this bunch of lubbers who are addicted to
their televisions. They are just so used to noise. Instead of doing the
sensible thing and turning the noise down, they turn it up more and more to
drown out all the other inconsiderate people who are making an infernal
racket. It becomes a vicious circle of escalating noise.

snip

Believe me I have. I get settled into a nice quiet anchorage by
mid-afternoon and around sunset here comes the obnoxious twits who come
motoring in, anchor directly upwind of me, the only other boat in the
anchorage, and about three boat lengths away. Do they think I love company
so much that I need a close neighbor? They anchor by committee which is
the
moron at the helm yelling at the top of his lungs at the poor wife at the
bow dealing with the anchor. Then they don't even back down on the anchor.
They just drop it with about twenty feet of chain lying right on top of
it.
Then they jump in the inflatable with the 25 HP outboard, they coax in the
barking dog. Then off they roar making a big wake. Then they come back
after
the dog has shat on somebody's lawn with bags of groceries and cases of
beer
and then they proceed to play loud music and get drunk and holler and
scream
until about 2 o'clock in the morning. This is what sailing has come to and
most of the imbeciles here in this group actually defend that kind of
behavior because they, themselves, regularly engage in it.

How do you deal with them? I hate yelling. I had an ex who yelled.
Give me a break. I was smarter and he couldn't handle it. Dump time
didn't come a day too soon!

Sadly, there isn't much one can do other than weighing anchor and moving
someplace else far enough away where there aren't any inconsiderate morons
within earshot. You can't reason with people who can't even understand they
are not wanted in the area and are acting like Neanderthals. They have this
attitude that the whole world revolves around them and everybody else can
just bugger off.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Bruce" wrote in message
snipped

Willie-boy, as I've mentioned a number of times. I'm in Thailand and
you are in S. Florida..

And, who is the sailor?
Cheers,

Certainly not the so-called sailor who only managed to complete about half
of his way-too-lofty goals. Now he's stuck in a third-world backwater
because of it, too fearful to carry on. Beaten by a voyage he lacks the
necessary skills to complete. Not as pathetic as poor Joe, who failed in
close proximity to his home port, but not admirable either.

Failure is defined by not reaching a goal. You failed. I did not. I have met
every goal I have set for myself to date.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snip

Eprib... right, that's the emergency beacon. I guess in a big storm or
you get run over or something. Seems like people should just be a bit
more self-reliant. I mean if you're not prepared for what you're going
to do, why do it? Just to be stupid??? If I go to a bar in a bad
neighborhood, I get what I deserve, so what's so different than going
out in a storm in a crappy boat with no skills.

EXACTLY!!! But, you know how liberals are - none of them believe in the
concept of actions and consequences. If they are beset with problems NEVER
do they ascribe a cause to them. They just go along thinking some crap such
as, "Why do I get all the bad luck." Some of them are incapable of learning
as they never relate a consequence from an action. Duh! Dive in an empty
pool and break your neck. A liberal will blame some person for not keeping
the pool full. That's why I can't stand a liberal - they cause then entire
world to slide into ineptitude. All their problems and stupidity is foisted
off on everybody else - even those of us perceptive enough to understand
action/consequence.

snip

I'm fricken sick of the city here. Everything is the momma state. The
cops are in good shape... the ones who are riding anyway. He was
actually pretty nice, then of course, asked for my number... I don't
think so.

I was just wearing shorts and a long-sleeve top. I don't usually wear
the bikini when riding... too much exposure for the sun. Also, there's
the unbent pole danger. lol

ROFLOL! True story. There was a Miami cop who got kicked off the force
because he would do traffic stops and write a ticket which he then offered
to tear up if the offender would give him oral sex. (Both men and women - I
guess he was bi.) There ARE cops out there who abuse their power and
authority.

Big Brother is definitely here. Nanny state, momma state etc. are all real
these days. Oh, and don't fear the sun. People need sun so their skin can
produce lots of vitamin D which is necessary for just about every bodily
function and even mental health. If one avoids the midday sun and enjoys the
early morning and late afternoon sun, this skin cancer hyped-up crap is
nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, women (one out of nine of them these days) need to worry
more about breast cancer than skin cancer. Here's a clue. Stop with the
underarm anti-perspirants and deodorants. It is my learned opinion that the
rise in breast cancer is directly due to this underarm
deodarant/anti-perspirant fetish.

Imagine the chemicals soaked into the skin day in and day out right near the
breasts. No wonder breast cancer is ten times higher today than it was 100
years ago before people started slathering and spraying chemicals under
their arms (Yes, even men are at higher risk today for breast cancer). A
twice daily wash with soap and water is adequate to deodarize the underarm
and will not be a health risk. Besides, if a man is offended by a little
natural pheremones from the underarm he's not worth a woman's time anyhow.
You're an athlete, or so you said, so you know that fresh underarm sweat
doesn't smell bad. It only starts to smell bad hours later if the oils it
contains remain and become the home for bacteria. What's with this
anti-perspirant crap anyhow that stops a natural and necessary body
function. Can that be good for a body? NOT!

Wilbur Hubbard

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:50:25 -0500, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
. ..
trimmed

Oh.. whew.. I thought you thought I was thinking he was the reasonable
one.

I did at first . . .

I get all confused any time I run into an intelligent woman who actually
makes sense. It happens so rarely these days. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

Hey so wait... are you Wil or are you Greg? Totally confused unless
you have a spoofer? The header info is different. I hate spoofers.

Wilbur = Greg = Capt. Neal. That's common knowledge. I am no "spoofer". Just
have a couple different NSP accounts in case one or the other goes on the
blink.

Wilbur Hubbard

"WaIIy" wrote in message

wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
trimmed

Oh.. whew.. I thought you thought I was thinking he was the reasonable
one.

I did at first . . .

I get all confused any time I run into an intelligent woman who actually
makes sense. It happens so rarely these days. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

Hey so wait... are you Wil or are you Greg? Totally confused unless
you have a spoofer? The header info is different. I hate spoofers.

He's a narcissist, but you will find that out eventually.

These poor folks are just envious because I, Gregory Hall, am a lot more
creative than they are. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 26, 12:24*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message

snipped

Willie-boy, as I've mentioned a number of times. I'm in Thailand and
you are in S. Florida..

And, who is the sailor?
Cheers,

Certainly not the so-called sailor who only managed to complete about half
of his way-too-lofty goals. Now he's stuck in a third-world backwater
because of it, too fearful to carry on. Beaten by a voyage he lacks the
necessary skills to complete. Not as pathetic as poor Joe, who failed in
close proximity to his home port, but not admirable either.

Failure is defined by not reaching a goal. You failed. I did not. I have met
every goal I have set for myself to date.

Wilbur Hubbard

That is why you live on a 500 dollar boat, crap in buckets, and steal
batteries from Wal-Mart.
You set the bar so low, failure is not an option. Pathetic at best.

And by the way my boat has 4 sinks, two heads with two showers and 3
staterooms.
I did not have to beg, borrow or steal anything to get it.

Joe

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:18:55 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

snip

You're a rare type these days. . .

Well, thanks! Actually, I have some friends who are pretty sensible.
They can't believe I work for the city.

It must be difficult working alongside a bunch of liberals which is usually
what you end up with in any government office. They hate conservatives and
actively discriminate against them. So much for their vaunted 'diversity.'

Tell me about it. If I want to keep my job, I need to keep my mouth
shut. I put a small "Support our troops" ribbon-sticker on the car I'm
assigned and someone in the office complained to my boss. I asked what
the problem was with it, and he told me that "while you have the right
to free speech, you can't have the sticker on an official car." Ok,
except that he had a "Mystery Spot" sticker on his (it's a place in
northern cal that's an optical illusion). No comment from him.
snip

I guess the point is these lubbers who pretend to be sailors are actually
comforted by having familiar household appliances running. I suppose it
relieves the tension the feel on a boat so they use it as a security
blanket
of sorts.

I don't even like to listen to the TV... maybe some football or
baseball at a friend's place.

Atta girl! I used to have a little TV years ago but I got so mad at how
much of a waste of space it was that I ended up tossing it overboard in the
Gulf Stream one fine day. Haven't missed TV since. The little snippets I get
of it in public places such as stores and restaurants reconfirms my
observation that TV is the main reason why much of the American public is a
bunch of stupid, brainwashed, mindless consumers and hypocrite drones.

All you get is Olbermann (that God he's off!) or blood and guns
nonsense. I can't listen to any of them honestly.

The only place to get somewhat accurate and unbiased information is the
radio. A shortwave radio receiver is a necessity so one can listen to radio
around the world to get an unslanted view of what's going on. Even Radio
Havana has more accurate reporting than the Voice of America or the
Corporation for Public Broadcast - a taxpayer supported arm of the Democrat
Party.

I don't have a shortwave. Don't you have to have a license to use it?
Ham?

[...]

Well I guess if you have a boat for entertainment or something, then I
guess it's ok to be stuck next to the other guy who's doing the same
thing. I even saw a LCD or LED TV on one of them. Seems dumb. Seems
like if you want to entertain people, do it in your house or rent a
hotel venue.

snip

I suppose I'm spoiled here in southern Florida. It gets a little chilly
from
time to time in the winter but most of the year it's shorts, sandals and
t-shirt time. Shoes are for the land. I don't allow cigarette smoking
aboard
nor do I allow shoes worn. Nothing beats bare feet. If one is so clumsy
that
they stub a toe then I say, "TOUGH." So no bubble busted. Actually any
enclosed footwear is bad for the feet. Makes a great environment for
smelly
bacteria and hungry fungus.

I hate to wear closed shoes if I don't have to... I have to at work. a
nice outfit because I have deal with the public when I travel around.

What kind of work do you do?

I'm part of the building dept. inspector's office. Oh look, that pipe
is suppose to be gray not white, and shocker... it's an inch off for
the bury depth. Here's a violation for you. Oh, I'm sorry, even though
it was done to code, you didn't pull a permit for that portable hot
tub, so we have to red-flag it. Some of it I get, but most of it is
just for money for the city. Got off early today. I faked a headache.

[...]

I don't mind gas engine smell too much, but diesel is foul.

[...]

That doesn't seem right. I mean if you were there first... oh well.
Seems like a pain to raise the anchor. It must be pretty big even for
a smaller boat? It's got to hold all the weight in place, even if
there are waves and wind. Maybe two smaller ones are better than one
big one?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:07:49 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:33:15 -0800, Jessica B
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:02:08 +0700, Bruce
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:48:12 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:26:08 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
snippage

Reasonable? LOL! Girl, you've got a lot to learn . . .

I meant that you seemed pretty reasonable!!

So, tell me something I don't already know. lol

Jessica, Joe is one of those lubberly, wannabe-type sailors about whom I
refer when saying some are fearful to really sail so they attempt to load
up
a boat with "all the lubberly contraptions" like washer/dryer combos so
they
can feel comfortable because they are addicted to the land and the sailing
life is anathema to them.

Joe's erstwhile boat, "Red Cloud" was prematurely abandoned in a cold
front
in the Gulf of Mexico and he and his rank amateur crew were airlifted off
by
the Coast Guard and his boat was abandoned to her own devices and
eventually
sunk. Joe is a little chicken, IMO. Certainly is no sailor. If his skills
were 1/10th as big as his mouth he might amount to something. As it stands
now he's a disgrace. Why, the moron doesn't even know the proper sized
American flag to fly and he flies it in the wrong place. Nothing screams
incompetence like disrespect for one's flag.

Bummer that he lost his boat... Did they make him pay for his airlift?
Seems like things would be a lot better if people paid for their
mistakes... or at least had to make some kind of partial payment. It
might cut down on the nonsense.

Right you are. People are way to quick to pull the epirb switch because
there is no charge for a rescue operation. No charge for the rescued, at
least. Just another taxpayer-funded operation. It used to be sailors had
pride and would not abandon a boat until they had to step up into the life
raft from it. Nowadays people sprain an ankle or get a little seasick and
they call the Coast Guard. It's deplorable and unseamanlike.

What utter bumph. I personally know two people rescued from a barge
that broke lose during a "tropical depression" and another rescued
from a oil rig that was in the process of tipping over and they were
damned happy to be saved., regardless of whether they had to step up
or down. The two on the barge leaped across to the bow of the rescuing
tug and the oil rig people jumped overboard and most were retrieved
over the stern of a service boat.

I can assure you that none of them were endeavoring to measure the
relative height of the rescue craft and wait until they had to step
"up"

snipped

Wilbur Hubbard

Cheers,

Bruce

Well, seems like a true accident.. getting run over. ok, but I bet
that isn't the case most of the time. But, what do I know...

I don't know. I have seen, been involved in, or have had reliable
information of problems ranging from a bloke who was motoring blithely
along and put the engine in neutral and heard a deluge of water coming
in somewhere. Looked in the bilges and his prop shaft had come out. to
a mate that hit a rock in the middle of the night. plus various
commercial disasters like the barges sinking I mentioned and another
bloke who jumped off a tipping oil rig.

When the guy with the missing prop shaft told me the story I said,
all agape, my GOD what did you do? Expecting a tail of a sunken boat
or a beaching. He replied, "stuffed a tee shirt in the hole and sailed
home".

Another chap (never heard any identification) who was calling,
"Mayday, my propeller is missing". Heard a number of people trying to
contact him in reply but he never replied. Kept listening to the news
but never heard of any missing boat. Maybe he was telling a tall tail.

I was in direct path of the Thailand Tsunami wave and weathered that
but at the same time was listening to calls stating that everyone must
head for deep water as there would be an after shock and apparently
people were just going crazy. How anyone expected to get very far off
shore in the few minutes that the people were saying the after shock
would come? What you gonna do? .

Someone answered one of my calls for information stating that there
was no reason to bypass Phi Phi harbor and no problem to anchor there.
I later discovered that the wave washed directly into the harbor, over
that section of the island and there was nothing there any more.

I had a mate hit a rock under all sail with a 60 ft. ketch. Middle of
the night and they were making a lot more leeway they had thought and
no one was watching. Holed the boat and he did say that "it got a bit
frantic until we got enough cushions stuffed in the hole".

That was yet another example of how idiotic Willie-boy can be. The
hole in the boat bloke used his generator to power a 220 VAC sump
pump pumping through a 3 or 4 inch hose to keep the boat afloat until
he could fother a sail over the damage and stuff the hole with
cushions. He was able to sail to an island where he could have beached
the boat if things got worse and waited until the next high tide. then
careened the boat and fiberglassed a patch over the hole which held
until he got where he was going where he could haul the boat and make
a permanent repair.

So I reckon that every is entitled to get a bit excited when it all
turns belly up and is entitled to react in any manner that he feels
appropriate and to sit at home and second guess things based on a
picture on a TV screen is just a display of ignorance.

Cheers,

Bruce

Sorry, but I didn't understand even 1/2 of this. Maybe one should not
go sailing if you can't deal with the issues that come up, short of
being run over by a tanker or something?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:50:08 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I see this all the time. People are suppose to build to proper
standards, which makes sense, but as long as that happens, why hassle
someone over some minor bs? I'm not their fricken mother! It's just
about money. Sorry. On a rant. To address your point, yeah, seems like
there are 15 liberals per sq. ft. around here.

snip

I'm fricken sick of the city here. Everything is the momma state. The
cops are in good shape... the ones who are riding anyway. He was
actually pretty nice, then of course, asked for my number... I don't
think so.

I was just wearing shorts and a long-sleeve top. I don't usually wear
the bikini when riding... too much exposure for the sun. Also, there's
the unbent pole danger. lol

ROFLOL! True story. There was a Miami cop who got kicked off the force
because he would do traffic stops and write a ticket which he then offered
to tear up if the offender would give him oral sex. (Both men and women - I
guess he was bi.) There ARE cops out there who abuse their power and
authority.

Eww... that's gross.

Big Brother is definitely here. Nanny state, momma state etc. are all real
these days. Oh, and don't fear the sun. People need sun so their skin can
produce lots of vitamin D which is necessary for just about every bodily
function and even mental health. If one avoids the midday sun and enjoys the
early morning and late afternoon sun, this skin cancer hyped-up crap is
nothing to worry about.

I'm not worried... I just burn really easily... very fair skin. I'm
not pale during the summer, but I'm don't tan well.

On the other hand, women (one out of nine of them these days) need to worry
more about breast cancer than skin cancer. Here's a clue. Stop with the
underarm anti-perspirants and deodorants. It is my learned opinion that the
rise in breast cancer is directly due to this underarm
deodarant/anti-perspirant fetish.

I try to use natural products vs. that commercial stuff whenever
possible.

Imagine the chemicals soaked into the skin day in and day out right near the
breasts. No wonder breast cancer is ten times higher today than it was 100
years ago before people started slathering and spraying chemicals under
their arms (Yes, even men are at higher risk today for breast cancer). A
twice daily wash with soap and water is adequate to deodarize the underarm
and will not be a health risk. Besides, if a man is offended by a little
natural pheremones from the underarm he's not worth a woman's time anyhow.
You're an athlete, or so you said, so you know that fresh underarm sweat
doesn't smell bad. It only starts to smell bad hours later if the oils it
contains remain and become the home for bacteria. What's with this
anti-perspirant crap anyhow that stops a natural and necessary body
function. Can that be good for a body? NOT!

I'm not so concerned with smell/odor as staining the clothes I have to
wear. It's a tradeoff I guess. Fortunately, there's very little
instance of cancer in my family. Just my uncle (throat), but he smoked
like a smoke stack.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:53:17 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
trimmed

Oh.. whew.. I thought you thought I was thinking he was the reasonable
one.

I did at first . . .

I get all confused any time I run into an intelligent woman who actually
makes sense. It happens so rarely these days. LOL!

Wilbur Hubbard

Hey so wait... are you Wil or are you Greg? Totally confused unless
you have a spoofer? The header info is different. I hate spoofers.

Wilbur = Greg = Capt. Neal. That's common knowledge. I am no "spoofer". Just
have a couple different NSP accounts in case one or the other goes on the
blink.

Wilbur Hubbard

Oh... ok. So, you're a Captain? That's cool. So, should I call you
Neal or Wil... sort of like Wil, but it's your name.