Default Georgetown and cruisers (was) Rock Sound, Eleuthera to Georgetown, Exuma

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:30:38 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

Thanks - I found it.

What I really need is a sheet showing the shortcuts (alt-whatever4digits),
as it's a bit of a wander to get to that map to click :{))

L8R

Skip

http://usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes...-alt-codes.php

There is a link to a small (133k) pdf file with a bunch in it.

Also, if using a laptop, invoke Numlock.

Thanks! That's just what I needed. All the alt codes on one sheet.

Cavelamb, thanks for PDF'g the other for me, too.

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.

In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.

Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

"Flying Pig" wrote in message

I'm sitting here in my yacht (74.1F inside, 78.6F outside) trying to figure
out your thinking process (or lack thereof), Skippy.

It almost appears dysfunctional. Why, when working on a computer that
contains a program (charmap.exe) that you can run by typing it into the run
menu or from the start menu or even create a shortcut for the desktop or the
task bar, would anybody want a sheet of printed paper with the alt codes on
it?

Open charmap.exe and select any character and it will give the alt code and
other information. Select copy and the character(s) goes to the clip board
hit control + v to insert the special character(s) in the text you are
working on.

Do you ALWAYS do things the hard way?

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:35:03 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

Why, when working on a computer that
contains a program (charmap.exe) that you can run by typing it into the run
menu or from the start menu or even create a shortcut for the desktop or the
task bar, would anybody want a sheet of printed paper with the alt codes on
it?

Different ships, different long splices...

wrote:

Why, when working on a computer that
contains a program (charmap.exe) that you can run by typing it into the
run
menu or from the start menu or even create a shortcut for the desktop or
the
task bar, would anybody want a sheet of printed paper with the alt codes
on
it?

Different ships, different long splices...

True, I suppose that's why the short bus was invented.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Flying Pig" wrote in message

I'm sitting here in my yacht (74.1F inside, 78.6F outside) trying to figure
out your thinking process (or lack thereof), Skippy.

It almost appears dysfunctional. Why, when working on a computer that
contains a program (charmap.exe) that you can run by typing it into the run
menu or from the start menu or even create a shortcut for the desktop or the
task bar, would anybody want a sheet of printed paper with the alt codes on
it?

Open charmap.exe and select any character and it will give the alt code and
other information. Select copy and the character(s) goes to the clip board
hit control + v to insert the special character(s) in the text you are
working on.

Do you ALWAYS do things the hard way?

Wilbur Hubbard

That was a helpful suggestion.
It even accounts for differences in fonts.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

CaveLamb wrote:
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Flying Pig" wrote in message

I'm sitting here in my yacht (74.1F inside, 78.6F outside) trying to
figure out your thinking process (or lack thereof), Skippy.

It almost appears dysfunctional. Why, when working on a computer that
contains a program (charmap.exe) that you can run by typing it into
the run menu or from the start menu or even create a shortcut for the
desktop or the task bar, would anybody want a sheet of printed paper
with the alt codes on it?

Open charmap.exe and select any character and it will give the alt
code and other information. Select copy and the character(s) goes to
the clip board hit control + v to insert the special character(s) in
the text you are working on.

Do you ALWAYS do things the hard way?

Wilbur Hubbard

That was a helpful suggestion.
It even accounts for differences in fonts.

but it would be hard to print out on paper...

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

If you don't already have it, download Cute PDF Writer

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

I've used it for a couple of years and have never had a problem with it.

Note:
It will download Ghostscript all by itself during installation.