posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing

Default Gregory Hall, the rapist lowlife

On 14/06/2010 00:01, Anne Onime wrote:
The real world where scumwads like Cecil rape women.

Am I really the only one to find this posting objectionable?

This is, so far as I am aware, a U.K. newsgroup dedicated to cruising in
small boats, any cruising involved in this thread has nothing whatever
do with that.

May I point out that:

A) There is no evidence that our Wilbur is the party mentioned.

B) There is no positive identification of the crime itself, let alone
the perpetrator. If this alleged crime involved having consentual sex
with say a 17 year old, rape in the USA, all we would say in the UK
would be along the lines of, "You dirty lucky individual you!"

I would draw the posters attention to the following few lines drawn from
the web page he directs us to:-

"Compliance Unit at (1-888-357-7332) between the hours of 8am and
6:30pm, Monday through Friday.

Positive identification cannot be established unless a fingerprint
comparison is made.
Any person who misuses public records information relating to a sexual
predator, as defined in this section, or a sexual offender, commits a
misdemeanor of the first degree. Please see 775.21(10)(c) for more
information."

Would the poster really like us to draw the attention of the relevent
authorities to his meanderings?

While Wilbur may be the worlds worst troll, in fact I very much hope he
is because I'd hate to come across a worse one, he has in the past
occasionally proved a wise and authorative councillor to those of us
with problems within his, non sexual, field of knowledge and he just
does not deserve to be hounded by nut cases like the original poster.

And by the way Wilbur should you happen to read this, windmill powered
boats really can sail, slowly, directly into the wind, the downside
being that they sail almost as slowly downwind.

As you may recall I answered one of your trolls years ago on this
subject as I had actually seen it done with my own eyes.

Tony Cook

"TC" wrote in message
[...]

Then your eyes deceived you. There was contained somewhere in the device
stored energy. I bet you did not have the chance to closely examine the
device. I bet nobody else was afforded that privilege either.

The simply physics of the matter involve the fact that it takes more energy
to sail directly into the wind than the wind can possibly provide. Given a
perfect system that had no losses from friction or other mechanical losses
the best that a windmill powered sailboat could do would be to hold station
against the wind.

In the real world the best a windmill powered sailboat could do is be blown
downwind less fast than without the windmill because of the existence of
friction and other mechanical losses.

Your windmill powered sailboat is just another perpetual motion fantasy.

Wilbur Hubbard

On 15/06/10 00:57, TC wrote:
On 14/06/2010 00:01, Anne Onime wrote:
The real world where scumwads like Cecil rape women.

Am I really the only one to find this posting objectionable?

This is, so far as I am aware, a U.K. newsgroup dedicated to cruising in
small boats, any cruising involved in this thread has nothing whatever
do with that.

Are you aware that you are cross posting to three news groups, one of
which is a UK group dedicated to sailing?

Martin wrote:
On 15/06/10 00:57, TC wrote:
On 14/06/2010 00:01, Anne Onime wrote:
The real world where scumwads like Cecil rape women.

Am I really the only one to find this posting objectionable?

This is, so far as I am aware, a U.K. newsgroup dedicated to cruising in
small boats, any cruising involved in this thread has nothing whatever
do with that.

Are you aware that you are cross posting to three news groups, one of
which is a UK group dedicated to sailing?

Of course he is. Wilbur has a stalker.

Andy
posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
snip
Your windmill powered sailboat is just another perpetual motion fantasy.

Dammit Tony now look what you've done!

Andy

posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing

Wrong Wilbur, saw it up close, within 20 odd feet, no repeat no,
auxilliary power involved - straight gearing from windmill, large, to prop.

Vessel was an Iroquise catamaran and when I say the windmill was large
read personal ego, (Yours) proportions.

Max speed into wind apprx 3 knots in force 4, downwind max speed approx 3.5.

I suspect the answer lies in the relative viscosity of the media.

Seeing is believing.

Tony Cook

Can't resist feeding him Andy - He's having a hard time, no double
meaning intended.

TC

"TC" wrote in message
Wrong Wilbur, saw it up close, within 20 odd feet, no repeat no,
auxilliary power involved - straight gearing from windmill, large, to
prop.

Vessel was an Iroquise catamaran and when I say the windmill was large
read personal ego, (Yours) proportions.

Max speed into wind apprx 3 knots in force 4, downwind max speed approx
3.5.

I suspect the answer lies in the relative viscosity of the media.

Seeing is believing.

Tony Cook

Can't resist feeding him Andy - He's having a hard time, no double meaning
intended.

TC

I bet you never saw the boat hauled. I bet you never examined what is inside
the hulls in the way of auxiliary power, battery banks etc.

Get a clue. You and others are way too gullible.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing

Default Sailing in odd directions (was Re Wilbur)

TC wrote:

I suspect the answer lies in the relative viscosity of the media.

It's the speed difference that matters. You can extract power from the
movement between the water and the air, and the fact that you yourself
are moving is largely irrelevant.

The one that made me think was the car that went downwind at over
windspeed. Accelerating it while the wind over the vehicle is zero
takes some thought!

Andy
posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing

I bet you never saw the boat hauled. I bet you never examined what is inside
the hulls in the way of auxiliary power, battery banks etc.

I didn't admittedly but the boatyard did and so did a couple of friends
of mine who were aboard and were given the full tour by the proud owner.

At the risk of appearing rude Wilbur you occasionally give the
impression of being more than somewhat obsessional and egotistical
neither of which are traits which are likely to win friends and may well
influence people in an undesired direction.

"TC" wrote in message

I bet you never saw the boat hauled. I bet you never examined what is
inside
the hulls in the way of auxiliary power, battery banks etc.

I didn't admittedly but the boatyard did and so did a couple of friends of
mine who were aboard and were given the full tour by the proud owner.

At the risk of appearing rude Wilbur you occasionally give the impression
of being more than somewhat obsessional and egotistical neither of which
are traits which are likely to win friends and may well influence people
in an undesired direction.

It is easy to confuse arrogance with great knowledge and understanding along
with no scruples about showing it.

Please consider that winning friends is very low on my list of things to do.

A word of advice - believe only about half of what you see and none of what
you hear. That catamaran will not go directly to weather under wind power
alone. Just can't be done. There are simple accepted laws of physics
involved which the ignorant always wish could be circumvented but may not
be.

--
Gregory Hall