Default Calling Larry in Charleston

A nice lady in rec.boats would like that little spiel you like to pull out
when someone talks about living on a boat... or long term cruising.
Do you still have it stowed away?

The simulator won't be remotely accurate until it has the ability to
simulate floating away on the wind to millions of new and interesting
locales on the slightest whim.

....unless you're trying to simulate living on a broken down boat that
isn't able to do the one thing that boats do best.

Stephen

Stephen Trapani wrote in news:BoOPn.29699
:

...unless you're trying to simulate living on a broken down boat that
isn't able to do the one thing that boats do best.

I never met anyone rich enough to own a boat that wasn't "broken down" in
one way or another......

The Simulator was written a long time ago as A JOKE!, NOT as a serious
affront to your manhood. I never imagined how much it would spread over
the internet across boating forums around the world. I even found it on
blogs in New Zealand and Bangladesh!

--
http://www.goveg.com/feat/agriproces...UStatement.asp
Watch the FULL video. I dare ya! Shechitah barbarians!

Larry

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 04:52:56 +0000, Larry wrote:

Stephen Trapani wrote in news:BoOPn.29699
:

...unless you're trying to simulate living on a broken down boat that
isn't able to do the one thing that boats do best.

I never met anyone rich enough to own a boat that wasn't "broken down" in
one way or another......

The Simulator was written a long time ago as A JOKE!, NOT as a serious
affront to your manhood. I never imagined how much it would spread over
the internet across boating forums around the world. I even found it on
blogs in New Zealand and Bangladesh!

Regardless, it is a good explanation of what living on a boat is
really like and I was actually aboard a boat (friends had sailed it
from San Diego to Thailand taking a couple of years, and truly there
were two places you could sit down, and space for one in the vee
berth. You could slide, carefully into the Head and enough room to
stand and operate the stove. The rest of the boat was filled with
"stuff". The wife was back in the States for a visit and the husband
was batching and trying to clear out some of the "stuff" to make room
for more (I guess). He gave me a two year old Pactra in the box and
still wrapped in the plastic off the store shelf. I looked at it and
said, "but it's new" and he told me that it had been aboard for two
years and since they had never had a need for it he might as well give
it to me.

IN fact I have never been aboard a cruising boat that had an empty
locker :-)

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 04:52:56 +0000, Larry wrote:

Stephen Trapani wrote in news:BoOPn.29699
:

...unless you're trying to simulate living on a broken down boat that
isn't able to do the one thing that boats do best.

I never met anyone rich enough to own a boat that wasn't "broken down" in
one way or another......

The Simulator was written a long time ago as A JOKE!, NOT as a serious
affront to your manhood. I never imagined how much it would spread over
the internet across boating forums around the world. I even found it on
blogs in New Zealand and Bangladesh!

Regardless, it is a good explanation of what living on a boat is
really like

Well, apparently Larry himself disagrees with you. And he's right. It's
more of a joke than anything resembling reality. But I'm pretty sure the
people who ask about it are looking for it to dissuade someone from
getting a boat, thinking it is like reality. But as I said, when you
leave off the most important positive feature, the simulator is going to
be nothing at all like what living on a boat is really like.

Stephen

Bruce wrote in
:

IN fact I have never been aboard a cruising boat that had an empty
locker :-)

Any empty lockers are soon filled with tools, diesel parts and sailing rig
replacements....(c;]

This also applies to partially empty lockers. One can never have too many
bulbs and fuses aboard.

--
http://www.goveg.com/feat/agriproces...UStatement.asp
Watch the FULL video. I dare ya! Shechitah barbarians!

Larry

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:56:52 -0700, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
[...]

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a joke, what I am saying that it is
more truth then fiction.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:30:45 +0000, Larry wrote:

This also applies to partially empty lockers. One can never have too many
bulbs and fuses aboard.

Or oil filters, fuel filters, spare pumps, alternators, belts, bits of
wire, lumber scraps, odd lengths of line, etc.; not to mention all of
the priceless souvenirs scavenged from a beach somewhere.

Wayne.B wrote in
news
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:30:45 +0000, Larry wrote:

This also applies to partially empty lockers. One can never have too
many bulbs and fuses aboard.

Or oil filters, fuel filters, spare pumps, alternators, belts, bits of
wire, lumber scraps, odd lengths of line, etc.; not to mention all of
the priceless souvenirs scavenged from a beach somewhere.

......and noone can quite remember WHICH beach....(c;]

.....because all there have BEEN are beaches.....

--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics...

Larry

Larry wrote:
Wayne.B wrote in
news
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:30:45 +0000, Larry wrote:

This also applies to partially empty lockers. One can never have too
many bulbs and fuses aboard.

Or oil filters, fuel filters, spare pumps, alternators, belts, bits of
wire, lumber scraps, odd lengths of line, etc.; not to mention all of
the priceless souvenirs scavenged from a beach somewhere.

.....and noone can quite remember WHICH beach....(c;]

....because all there have BEEN are beaches.....

Speaking of beaches, Larry,
That's New Orleans there.
Lake Lake Pontchartrain...

And mess below it, THAT is one huge mess!

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/proof.htm

--

Richard Lamb

Charleston, SC, 54F at 1PM! Larry Cruising 9 May 19th 09 03:09 AM
AIS in Charleston Today... Larry Electronics 0 February 4th 06 02:44 AM
Help in Charleston Rick Itenson Cruising 0 April 21st 04 04:00 PM
Charleston Lake, Ont back40 Touring 0 March 16th 04 05:02 PM
Charleston Marina Phil Cruising 5 September 29th 03 10:20 PM