Stephen Trapani Stephen Trapani is offline

Default Calling Larry in Charleston

Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 04:52:56 +0000, Larry wrote:

Stephen Trapani wrote in news:BoOPn.29699
:

...unless you're trying to simulate living on a broken down boat that
isn't able to do the one thing that boats do best.

I never met anyone rich enough to own a boat that wasn't "broken down" in
one way or another......

The Simulator was written a long time ago as A JOKE!, NOT as a serious
affront to your manhood. I never imagined how much it would spread over
the internet across boating forums around the world. I even found it on
blogs in New Zealand and Bangladesh!

Regardless, it is a good explanation of what living on a boat is
really like

Well, apparently Larry himself disagrees with you. And he's right. It's
more of a joke than anything resembling reality. But I'm pretty sure the
people who ask about it are looking for it to dissuade someone from
getting a boat, thinking it is like reality. But as I said, when you
leave off the most important positive feature, the simulator is going to
be nothing at all like what living on a boat is really like.

Stephen