Default My wonderful Day In Paradise

mmc wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
mmc wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
news I ran two coats of clear gloss on the galley woodwork.

Two more just might do it!?!

--

Richard Lamb

I made a couple of mirror frames out of rough cedar for the heads on the
big boat. Are you using varnish or urethane?

This is all interior work. Minwax - Polyurethane.

I use clear gloss to build up and fill the grain
then satin finish for the last couple of finish oats.

On the outside wood, I'm using Natural Teak Cetol.

--

Richard Lamb

Sounds good. I did my interior trim in Minwax spar urethane satin and really
like the finish.

Yeah - I do to.
The galley cabinet finished up last night.
Beautiful!

Looks like it will go back in this weekend and we can start showing her off!

Richard

--

Richard Lamb

mmc mmc is offline

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
mmc wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
mmc wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
[...]

Going to post new pics? She's a good looking boat!

mmc wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
mmc wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
mmc wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
[...]

Just a couple so far...
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~capri26/refine.htm

--

Richard Lamb

On Sun, 30 May 2010 04:41:10 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 30 May 2010 00:56:02 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2010 18:32:29 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

On the outside wood, I'm using Natural Teak Cetol.
Looks good until it starts to fade, then it looks like orange barn
paint.

I must be using a different version although it says "Cytol" on the
can. Mine just looks grungier and grungier until I scrub it down and
put on a couple of more coats. But it never looks "orange", it looks
more like decorating varnish.

Are the different flavors?

Yeah. Four in the marine flavors.

http://www.yachtpaint.com/USA/sikkens/default.asp

Us poor benighted 3rd world people don't get all those choices. From
memory the cans I have are "Light" and all I have seen here.

On the other hand, there are some advantages. Before I listed the 40
ft. sloop I just sold I had the entire interior refurbished. One piece
of the 1/8" panel that lines the S.B. the side of the cabin top
replaced and everything sanded and revarnished. I don't know how many
coats but a "smooth" finish. Cost me $545 :-)

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

wrote:

[...]

That was cheap labor, Bruce!

I figer I'm working for about ten cents per hour.

--

Richard Lamb

wrote:

[...]

Call it love. Heck, no one with a lick of sense would take up with a
boat because it makes sense. Sail one day in a month and work on the
damned thing every day :-)

Wonderful Eisboch General 37 December 24th 08 07:02 PM
Wonderful [email protected] General 0 December 23rd 08 08:11 PM
A wonderful trip! JohnH[_3_] General 1 November 23rd 08 10:12 PM
A wonderful story Steve Leyland ASA 1 June 6th 07 07:54 AM
Have a wonderful day, Harry.... [email protected] General 3 December 13th 05 08:11 PM