Default Regulator

Installed a new set of Trojans and want to install a smart alternator
regulator to match. Any recommendations? Good, bad, or?
Baldor, xantrex, etc?
Gordon

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:06:09 -0700, Gordon wrote:

Installed a new set of Trojans and want to install a smart alternator
regulator to match. Any recommendations? Good, bad, or?
Baldor, xantrex, etc?

Is your alternator set up for an external regulator? If not you'll
need to address that of course. I believe that Balmar makes a "smart"
(3-stage) regulator. If so, I'd vote for that given Xantrex's spotty
customer service record. Typically you will need to program the
regulator for your amp-hour capacity, and also have an external
battery temperature sensor.

Balmar 612 regulator Travelmate Electronics 3 July 11th 08 07:06 AM
Voltage Regulator. Is it working? Don in Austin Texas General 0 August 30th 04 09:05 PM
voltage regulator SaladinoJA General 0 June 10th 04 12:46 PM
voltage regulator SaladinoJA General 8 June 9th 04 05:54 PM
Which "smart" regulator? djmarchand Electronics 1 August 4th 03 02:16 PM