Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Regulator

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:06:09 -0700, Gordon wrote:

Installed a new set of Trojans and want to install a smart alternator
regulator to match. Any recommendations? Good, bad, or?
Baldor, xantrex, etc?

Is your alternator set up for an external regulator? If not you'll
need to address that of course. I believe that Balmar makes a "smart"
(3-stage) regulator. If so, I'd vote for that given Xantrex's spotty
customer service record. Typically you will need to program the
regulator for your amp-hour capacity, and also have an external
battery temperature sensor.