Default Serious Long Range Cruiser Available

This boat is the real thing. I met the former owner several times
and he and his wife took great care of it, and did some really serious
cruising, including several trips to Trinidad. It has a fuel range
of about 5,000 nautical miles and is hell for stout. The previous
owner before that went around the Horn twice with it, and cruised it
over 50,000 NM.

http://tinyurl.com/ye3k5mh

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
This boat is the real thing. I met the former owner several times
and he and his wife took great care of it, and did some really serious
cruising, including several trips to Trinidad. It has a fuel range
of about 5,000 nautical miles and is hell for stout. The previous
owner before that went around the Horn twice with it, and cruised it
over 50,000 NM.

http://tinyurl.com/ye3k5mh

Butt ugly and dangerous with all those large windows. It certainly needs
that tuna tower, too. I'll never understand the desire for ugly and
dysfunctional vertical growth on powerboats.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:03:42 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
This boat is the real thing. I met the former owner several times
and he and his wife took great care of it, and did some really serious
cruising, including several trips to Trinidad. It has a fuel range
of about 5,000 nautical miles and is hell for stout. The previous
owner before that went around the Horn twice with it, and cruised it
over 50,000 NM.

http://tinyurl.com/ye3k5mh

Butt ugly and dangerous with all those large windows. It certainly needs
that tuna tower, too. I'll never understand the desire for ugly and
dysfunctional vertical growth on powerboats.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, form follows function, etc, etc.
As an FYI that is not a tuna tower but rather the supporting structure
for passive roll stabilizers similar to what commercial fishing
trawlers use.

The windows are very high strength and comparable to what you'd find
on a blue water sailboat of similar size. As a matter of fact the
Skookum 53 could be ordered as a sailboat and it was a popular option.

For anyone who aspires to world cruising in comfort, safety and
moderate cost, it would be hard to find a better boat.