Default Galveston's Best Coffee

"Joe" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 1:00 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?wcd=149551

Joe

Hey Joe... just wanted to say thanks for getting the coffee to me. And,
thanks for the Boat Roast sample, which was excellent. As soon as it's
out,
I'll be tasting the whole bean brews.

--
"j" ganz

Hello Jon,

Glad you liked the Boat Roast it is our biggest seller.
What did you think of the RedClouds finest, and Skippers Choice?

You've got several people out here who can't get enough of the Skippers
Choice. I haven't tried the RC finest yet... I'm savoring the SC for now and
keeping people away from it as best as possible.

We are expecting a big boost in sales on Galveston Island, had a nice
story published in the largest magazine for the locals. And we have
been passing out samples to all the boat fleets.

Soon we hope to announce a national chain that will be selling El
Lago Coffee.

http://www.theislandermagazine.com/

Joe

Nice article.... I hope things really take off!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 15:16:55 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 12:24:11 -0600, Richard Casady
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:17:41 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 18:00:09 -0600, Richard Casady
wrote:

I have a wireless modem that will work on a cruise ship a thousand
miles from land. No extra charge. Same address in the headers
everywhere.

Tell us more.

Who makes it? How does it communicate? Model # ?
Price ?

Forty bucks. In the offshore case something was going on that involved
the ships radio gear and satellites. Might as well be magic, there was
no extra charge from the phoneco or the ship.

Casady

In other words, you got lucky. I've been on several cruise ships in
the last few years and they all had satellite internet available at
about $1/minute. They also have their own onboard WiFi systems but
all that I've seen were secured. It sounds like your boat also had
their own cellular system but it's possible that you were in a US port
at the time and connecting the regular way. I've been able to do
that in Puerto Rico and the USVI using my regular aircard.

I was not in a port a thousand miles offshore. The cell phone worked
fine all the way to Hawaii and back. I could call the wife from
anywhere on the ship to anywhere on the ship. They had phone calls
from the room phone to Des Moines or wherever for a couple of bucks a
minute, but the cell phone worked for free. Like I said, it must have
been magic because there was nothing extra from either the cell phone
provider or the ship. We have gone on several Holland-America cruises,
including one from the US to the sea north of Norway to Amsterdam. The
sun didn't set for about four days, not until the ship was below the
Arctic circle. The ship did Caribbean in the Winter and Europe in the
Summer and you can get a no-fly Atlantic crossing if you time it
right. All of their ships have a bar with three floor to ceiling glass
walls. Direct above the pilothouse as a matter of fact. They call
those bars the Crows Nest and all their ships have them. Much better
view than the one the mere Captain has.

Casady

Designer Miu Miu Ruched Suede Messenger Handbag - Coffee 0182 Coffee-Handbags, Luxury, Fake,Inspired [email protected] General 0 April 24th 08 02:07 PM
Coffee anyone? Joe ASA 16 November 11th 07 07:30 PM
OT / It wasn't the coffee. Ellen MacArthur ASA 2 December 5th 06 09:41 AM
Coffee Thom Stewart ASA 12 August 18th 06 02:13 AM