Joe Joe is offline

Default Galveston's Best Coffee

On Dec 31, 12:28*pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?wcd=149551

Joe

Nice Joe... I'd love to try a bag. Can it be bought via a website or can I
pay you directly for one?

In any case, have a great and safe New Year!

--
"j" ganz

You can pay the company directly Jon.
Just let me know what you want

Send money to:

El Lago Coffee Co.
P.O. Box 1147
Seabrook Texas
77586-1147

Due to postage cost we suggest 12oz bags
This covers postage.
"Boat Roast" Costa Rican Tres Rio 10.00
"Skipper Choice" Huehuetenango Guatamala 12.00
"RedClouds Finest" Certified Antiqua 13.00
'Mermaids Mist" Decaff Guatamala 13.00
"Captain Cooks Kona" 100% certified organic Kona 8oz 24.00

Thanks
Joe
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 31, 12:54*pm, Bob wrote:
On Dec 31, 7:36*am, Joe wrote:

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?wcd=149551

Joe

Hey jo how are you going to keep the water out of the container or for
that matter out of your boat?
Or is that container going to be a deck load?

Bob

Bob, stick to asking the guy in Dutch Harbor if it's cold this time of
year.

Joe

Default Galveston's Best Coffee Lies!

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:20:19 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?wcd=149551

Joe

Headway: Nearly two years ago today, the U.S. Coast Guard rescued Joe and
Terry Butcher, along with Joe's brother, Douglas Butcher, after their
sailboat, Red Cloud, was struck by 25-foot seas 200 miles offshore.

*** Lie #1 I saw the rescue vids and those little seas were fifteen feet
MAX! More like 10 footers with an occasional 15 footer thrown in.

Joe and Terry Butcher own El Lago Coffee Co. The trio had planned to deliver
10,000 pounds of coffee from Belize to Texas.

*** Lie #2 One does not deliver *from/to*. One can only deliver to.

Deliver us from evil?

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:25:37 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

Hey jo how are you going to keep the water out of the container or for
that matter out of your boat?
Or is that container going to be a deck load?

You must have not seen his 'plans' which are more like line drawings.

Um... most plans usually consist of lines, Dilbert.

The news article failed to mention all the artificial reefs you are
building. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceoPCK5zWXI

"Joe" wrote in message

In the hull as low as possiable..At the end of this video you can see
the design, the container is to scale. The plan is to have lot's of
ballast (battery banks included).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrOAhKl3cZw

Good to see you abandoned your original silly idea of having the container
on deck between the masts and placed it low as possible as I suggested.

Now, if you follow my next bit of good advice you might just succeed.

-- Hire a professional captain and crew to run the new boat.

Wilbur Hubbard

In article , Joe wrote:
On Dec 31, 12:18*pm, Justin C wrote:
In article , Joe wrote:
http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?wcd=149551

Glad to hear it, and wish good luck and safe sailing to all involved.

I've read another reply you posted to the thread, about your encounters
with drug gangs and other undesirables. Wouldn't it be better to buy
your coffee elsewhere (I may have missed that you are)? How are you
going to be certain that your coffee isn't tampered with at the place of
origin (stuff smuggled in the container)?

Customs puts a seal on the container. All third world countrys have
problems.

But the problems become yours when the container is inspected on
arrival.

I'm guessing that the container isn't going to be completely full of
coffee, front-to-back and top-to-bottom, 'cos that's a lot of weight
that isn't very low down. I'd be very interested to see the design of
the boat. Several design challenges are of interest - where do you put
the container?

In the hull as low as possiable..At the end of this video you can see
the design, the container is to scale. The plan is to have lot's of
ballast (battery banks included).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrOAhKl3cZw

Interesting stuff. I look forward to seeing photos of the vessel.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

"Justin C" wrote in message

Interesting stuff. I look forward to seeing photos of the vessel.

Is it being fitted with an underwater camera that activates when it sinks?

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe Joe is offline

In article , Joe wrote:
http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?wcd=149551

Glad to hear it, and wish good luck and safe sailing to all involved.

I've read another reply you posted to the thread, about your encounters
with drug gangs and other undesirables. Wouldn't it be better to buy
your coffee elsewhere (I may have missed that you are)? How are you
going to be certain that your coffee isn't tampered with at the place of
origin (stuff smuggled in the container)?

Customs puts a seal on the container. All third world countrys have
problems.

But the problems become yours when the container is inspected on
arrival.

There is no problem. You know what was loaded and as long as the seal
remains un-tampered with then there are no suprises. A couple of pad
locks and a trip right to a secure shipping port to await loading.
Every coffee port in the world is surrounded with secure containers
waiting to be loaded.

I'm guessing that the container isn't going to be completely full of
coffee, front-to-back and top-to-bottom, 'cos that's a lot of weight
that isn't very low down. I'd be very interested to see the design of
the boat. Several design challenges are of interest - where do you put
the container?

*In the hull as low as possiable..At the end of this video you can see
the design, the container is to scale. The plan is to have lot's of
ballast (battery banks included).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrOAhKl3cZw

Interesting stuff. I look forward to seeing photos of the vessel.

Me too.

Joe

* *Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 3, 7:34*am, Joe wrote:
On Jan 2, 4:54*pm, Justin C wrote:

*Me too.
Joe

Hey JOe
I finally took a look at your lines.
Looks like ya got yourslf a modified gaff rigged Texas Scow Scooner.
Why the gaff rig? Because ya got a shallow draft boat with a drop
center board....... ?

1) why ya going with something so shallow. That rig wont point worth
****.

2) I emagin that center board aint worth much since your container is
sitting right on top of the CB trunk.

3) Most those "traditional working sail" designs have huge "barn door"
rudders but yours looks like a corn flake. Do you plan on just
motoring. I cant see how that litte rudder will be much use. But with
all those sails Id hope you could trim it to sail straght.

4) are you going for a media look to impress those who are not
familure with turn of the century working sail designs. Please dont
tell me your going to be in "undevelped harbors" seeking your coffee
and there for need a shallow draft center board. Why not use twin
LEEBOARDS? Or better yet, get an old gulf shrimper and stick a flag
pose in the middle of it and call it a sailboat.............

Howard I Cappell would roll over in his grave if he saw that *******
design..........

Good luck
Bob

Designer Miu Miu Ruched Suede Messenger Handbag - Coffee 0182 Coffee-Handbags, Luxury, Fake,Inspired [email protected] General 0 April 24th 08 02:07 PM
Coffee anyone? Joe ASA 16 November 11th 07 08:30 PM
OT / It wasn't the coffee. Ellen MacArthur ASA 2 December 5th 06 10:41 AM
Coffee Thom Stewart ASA 12 August 18th 06 02:13 AM