posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa

Default Jessica Watson

I was wondering why the northward jog in Jessica's course:

http://www.jessicawatson.com.au/the-voyage

It became obvious when I read what is written he

http://www.jessicawatson.com.au/pink-lady

"My goal is to sail solo around the world non-stop, unassisted. I have
chosen a route that is a traditionally recognised path and distance for
‘around the world sailors’. As this is a Southern Hemisphere voyage the
significant landmarks are the southern tips of the American and African
continents, as well as some of the most challenging oceans a sailor will
ever face. The entire journey is a mix of amazing experience and unique
challenges."

"There are a few key targets I must achieve to qualify for around the world
status. The approximate distance is 23,000 nautical miles (about 38,000
kilometres). I must depart and arrive from the same port, cross all lines of
longitude, cross the equator entering into the Northern Hemisphere at least
once and round the southern landmarks of South America and South Africa."

She's a brave and clever lass.

--
Gregory Hall

"Gregory Hall" wrote in message
[...]

I've been following her blog, she seems mature for her years and obviously
has a lot of boat experience.
However, she hasn't had any heavy weather yet so time will tell. She's just
entering the colder southern ocean
approaching Cape Horn which will be a test of mettle. I gather she's a
qualified Yachtmaster too which is no
mean achievement at 16.

TonyB

--
Gregory Hall

posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa
Ian Ian is offline

On 11 Dec, 21:41, "TonyB" wrote:

I've been following her blog, she seems mature for her years and obviously
has a lot of boat experience.

Well, if she's writing the blog she is.

Ian
posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa

Such cynicism in one so old Ian. :-)
--
Quilly

"Ian" wrote in message
On 11 Dec, 21:41, "TonyB" wrote:

I've been following her blog, she seems mature for her years and
obviously
has a lot of boat experience.

Well, if she's writing the blog she is.

Ian

She's made it abundantly clear that she is, indeed, writing her own blog.
Somebody suggested that her stepmother was doing it and she was quite
insulted and posted to set the record straight.

--
Gregory Hall

On 11 Dec, 23:58, "Gregory Hall" wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message

Well, if she's writing the blog she is.

She's made it abundantly clear that she is, indeed, writing her own blog.
Somebody suggested that her stepmother was doing it and she was quite
insulted and posted to set the record straight.

And who, I wonder, was "she"?

Ian
posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa
Boo Boo is offline

And who, I wonder, was "she"?

Ian

And who, I wonder, are "you" ?

--
Boo
posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa
Ian Ian is offline

On 19 Dec, 14:01, Boo
wrote:
And who, I wonder, was "she"?