mmc mmc is offline

Default St. Augustine Local Knowledge, please

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Flying Pig" wrote:

We're going to be arriving in St. Augustine late next week (10th-ish).

What's the controlling depth on the inlet?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip and crew

I've never been brave enough to come in St. Augustine. We like a
Class A inlet like Fernandina. If I had to come in somewhere south of
that, I'd come in at Jacksonville, which isn't very far north and is
also class A, and the other inlet that we've used is Ft. Pierce.

If you have an opposing wind and tide, any entry is going to be rough.

Rosalie,
We have a great Port here in Cape Canaveral. Good for getting in and out as
it is controlled with locks; good marinas, fuel, food etc but I don't
believe there is any anchorage at the port anymore. Just inside the lock and
a little North are good anchorages, not sure the depth since our 2 rough
storm seasons.
Short trip across the Banana River, the Barge Canal (thru Merritt Island)
and you're in the ICW.
Good enough draft into the port for cruise and cement ships as well as
Trident subs!
We'll leave the light on!