Default Will Someone Explain ???

Why are these kids going off on these beaufiful sailboats
sailing around the world? Who is paying for the boats?

I'm befuddled.

One half of the work force in my neck of the harbor is either
unemployed, or under employed. I know guys who are
craftsmen, carpenters/builders, who can't feed their families.

I drove through a sailboat marina/boatyard the other day, there are
sailboats sitting, where they have been sitting, been for sale for
over 3 years. The owners can't give these boats away. And these
are not junk boats.

For fun, I looked up on yachtworld at a couple of boats that I took a
look at, this was one to three years ago. There they are, still for sale.

A boatyard employee told me the yard only has a skeleton staff, no
repair people, no painters, et all. He said some of the boats
have been abandoned, the owners just walked.

And then I see some kid jumping up and down on a million dollar boat
acting as if he has actually accomplished something because his high
tech toy sailed around the world.. What the F...K ???

I also don't understand why anyone would want to sail around the world
without
stopping. Heck, there are beautiful islands, harbors, nice people,
history,

Maybe I"m just out of touch..

Crazy.. that is what I'm thinking.

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
[...]

Recessions don't affect everyone the same way. People who are well-off going
itno a recession will usually come out of it well-off. Others who are in
debt up to their assholes willl suffer. The sensible thing is not to get
into debt, not now, not ever!

I know this is advice the sailing fraternity will ignore, since debt is how
we finance the majority of our boats.

A friend of mine has just picked up a nice 29-footer for free. Needs a lot
of work, but as he has no job at present, he has the time to bring her back
to pristine condition, and will scrounge the materials, or get his wife to
pay for them. He has already got a brand new replacement engine by spending
a small share of a Lottery win (hers!). The boat was abandoned in the local
marina, who failed to receive the owner's marina fees and imposed a lien on
the boat. My firend will only have to pay for the storage, in 6 months'
time, but what the hell, he will then have a boat worth around 15-18 grand!

Recessions bring opportunities for some, and bankruptcy for others. A little
ingenuity goes a long way, but you need to have the balls and brains to find
out where the oppotunities lie.

My friend got off his arse and decided that hard work was better than
watching TV all day and worrying himself sick. Many others could do the
same. Maybe sailing around the world non-stop is not for everyone, but there
are other ways to enjoy life to the full.

PS - You can always look around for a rich widow, there are lots of them
around!

Dennis.

Someone please explain why... John H[_2_] General 2 June 4th 09 07:05 PM
explain steen bondo UK Paddle 2 November 25th 06 10:32 PM
would someone please explain this to me seeray28 General 53 July 7th 05 10:02 PM
Can someone explain? Scott Vernon ASA 61 November 8th 04 06:05 PM
Can someone explain this? CCred68046 General 32 February 20th 04 09:06 PM