Clyde Henpecker Clyde Henpecker is offline

Default Will Someone Explain ???

Why are these kids going off on these beaufiful sailboats
sailing around the world? Who is paying for the boats?

I'm befuddled.

One half of the work force in my neck of the harbor is either
unemployed, or under employed. I know guys who are
craftsmen, carpenters/builders, who can't feed their families.

I drove through a sailboat marina/boatyard the other day, there are
sailboats sitting, where they have been sitting, been for sale for
over 3 years. The owners can't give these boats away. And these
are not junk boats.

For fun, I looked up on yachtworld at a couple of boats that I took a
look at, this was one to three years ago. There they are, still for sale.

A boatyard employee told me the yard only has a skeleton staff, no
repair people, no painters, et all. He said some of the boats
have been abandoned, the owners just walked.

And then I see some kid jumping up and down on a million dollar boat
acting as if he has actually accomplished something because his high
tech toy sailed around the world.. What the F...K ???

I also don't understand why anyone would want to sail around the world
without
stopping. Heck, there are beautiful islands, harbors, nice people,
history,

Maybe I"m just out of touch..

Crazy.. that is what I'm thinking.