seeray28

Default would someone please explain this to me

Why is it that when a boat can go 60mph, the owner/drive thinks that he/she
has to go 60mph no matter how crowded the river is.

Peter Aitken

"seeray28" wrote in message
Why is it that when a boat can go 60mph, the owner/drive thinks that
he/she
has to go 60mph no matter how crowded the river is.

It's because when a person has an IQ of 60 they feel obliged to demonstrate
it all the time.

--
Peter Aitken

John H

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 08:22:12 -0500, "seeray28" wrote:

Why is it that when a boat can go 60mph, the owner/drive thinks that he/she
has to go 60mph no matter how crowded the river is.

Because not all stupid people are limited to I-95 between Richmond and
Washington, DC!
--
John H

Butch Davis

John,

You're referring, I believe, to the I-95 Richmond to DC Parking Lot?

My hard luck that while serving in the Army my assignments were either
OCONUS or DC. Depite frequent whines to my AO it always turned out that
way. I remember the commutes waaaay too well.

If I could have foreseen the future I'd have bought a home there to return
to and made a tidy profit upon retirement. Ultimately I cashed in all my
blue chips for a final assignment to South Alabama where we bought a home
and were able to build a little equity before retiring a couple of years
later.

The only thing I miss about the area is the Annapolis Power Boat Show and
the Smithsonian.

Butch
wrote:

Why is it that when a boat can go 60mph, the owner/drive thinks that
he/she
has to go 60mph no matter how crowded the river is.

Because not all stupid people are limited to I-95 between Richmond and
Washington, DC!
--
John H

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 09:57:11 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 08:22:12 -0500, "seeray28" wrote:

Why is it that when a boat can go 60mph, the owner/drive thinks that he/she
has to go 60mph no matter how crowded the river is.

Because not all stupid people are limited to I-95 between Richmond and
Washington, DC!

Not only that, they sometimes buy sailboats and play racing games in
East Passage of Narragansett Bay.
John H

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:31:07 GMT, "Butch Davis" wrote:

John,

You're referring, I believe, to the I-95 Richmond to DC Parking Lot?

My hard luck that while serving in the Army my assignments were either
OCONUS or DC. Depite frequent whines to my AO it always turned out that
way. I remember the commutes waaaay too well.

If I could have foreseen the future I'd have bought a home there to return
to and made a tidy profit upon retirement. Ultimately I cashed in all my
blue chips for a final assignment to South Alabama where we bought a home
and were able to build a little equity before retiring a couple of years
later.

The only thing I miss about the area is the Annapolis Power Boat Show and
the Smithsonian.

Butch
.. .
wrote:

Why is it that when a boat can go 60mph, the owner/drive thinks that
he/she
has to go 60mph no matter how crowded the river is.

Because not all stupid people are limited to I-95 between Richmond and
Washington, DC!
--
John H

Yes, that is the parking lot to which I refer. What a mess.

I was an Engineer who had a secondary specialty in OR/SA. I should never have
allowed that to happen, but I did. Once I started my first job in that arena, I
could never get out, so I kept coming back to DC (which is where about 90% of
the OR/SA jobs are). I tried for over 25 years to get to Ft. Lewis, but the
closest I got was Los Angeles for a two year stint with the Reserves and
National Guard.
--
John H

John Gaquin

"seeray28" wrote in message news:qCRxe.7242

Why is it that when a boat can go 60mph, the owner/drive thinks that
he/she
has to go 60mph no matter how crowded the river is.

Remember the bell curve.

Tim

I never could figure out the WFO, or none at all crowd either

Peter Aitken

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
I never could figure out the WFO, or none at all crowd either

If you can explain your message, someone might try to answer.

--
Peter Aitken