posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

Default Zac is a FAILURE just like I always said . . .

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"silverdragon" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 12:31 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
The Guinness Book of Records does not recognize Zac Sunderland's
circumnavigation because he had too much outside help. Bwaahahahhahahaha.

I told you so.

"The previous youngest to complete a similar voyage was American Zac
Sunderland last month, but his effort is not recognized by Guinness World
Records."

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...57Q2V220090827

Wilbur Hubbard

:: I really dont think his goal was to get into "the book".
::
:: He set out to single handedly circumnavigate the world by sailboat,
:: and that he did.

Wrong! His stated goal was to be the youngest person to sail alone around
the world.

He failed miserable as he did not sail alone around the world. He had help
with tows into and out of various ports.

So did Perham.

He used the Panama Canal which is
not sailing.

So did Perham.

He had all sorts of people constantly working on his boat.

So did Perham.

He
dilly-dallied around for months at a time and had a birthday en route while
workmen refitted his boat time after time.

So did Perham. Perham did it faster though, because the boat he had
donated to him (unlike Sunderland who bought his own boat) was much faster.

Stephen
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

wrote:
The Guinness Book of Records does not recognize Zac Sunderland's
circumnavigation because he had too much outside help. Bwaahahahhahahaha.

I told you so.

"The previous youngest to complete a similar voyage was American Zac
Sunderland last month, but his effort is not recognized by Guinness World
Records."

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...57Q2V220090827

Wilbur Hubbard

:: I really dont think his goal was to get into "the book".
::
:: He set out to single handedly circumnavigate the world by sailboat,
:: and that he did.

Wrong! His stated goal was to be the youngest person to sail alone around
the world.

He failed miserable as he did not sail alone around the world. He had help
with tows into and out of various ports. He used the Panama Canal which is
not sailing. He had all sorts of people constantly working on his boat. He
dilly-dallied around for months at a time and had a birthday en route while
workmen refitted his boat time after time. Fail, fail, fail. The entire
journey was an embarrassment to us real sailors.

Sailing alone around the world involves the three great capes - Leeuwin,
Good Hope, Horn. Using the Panama Canal or the Suez canal is not a
circumnavigation. That alone makes a travesty out of it.

It's time we sailors started to face the facts that our pride and joy is
being *******ized by publicity hound parents who live vicariously through
their brats. Even worse is those arm chair sailors who seem to approve of
and support this trash sailing.

Wilbur Hubbard

Neal is very familiar with being alone.

wrote:
[...]

You are too, apparently. Perhaps it's the dress, Mike?

http://www.facebook.com/mike.manners

Wilbur Hubbard

wrote:
[...]

\|||/
(o o)
|~~~~ooO~~(_)~~~~~~~|
| Please |
| don't feed the |
| TROLL! |
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ooo~~'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

wrote:
[...]

Not so. Perham sailed most of the way foregoing the motor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Perham

He used the Panama Canal which is not sailing.

So did Perham.

True but he did intend, at least, to go the Cape Horn route but mechanical
problems caused him to use the Panama Canal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Perham

He had all sorts of people constantly working on his boat.

So did Perham.

Not so, he had limited help and only close to the finishing leg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Perham

He dilly-dallied around for months at a time and had a birthday en route
while workmen refitted his boat time after time.

So did Perham. Perham did it faster though, because the boat he had
donated to him (unlike Sunderland who bought his own boat) was much
faster.

Perham did it faster because:

1: he had a faster boat
2: he didn't dilly-dally around at every other publicity port having
extensive repairs done on his boat by work crews.
3: Perham did not park his boat and fly home to spend a week at Christmas
visiting his family. This is why Zac did not get into the Guiness Book of
Records. Like I stated: too much outside help and not enough dedication to
the cause. A publicity stunt gone awry.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:44:03 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:
[...]

Bwahahahahahaha!

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:48:40 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:44:03 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:
[...]

Or, maybe this one!

http://www.facebook.com/people/Mike-Manners/1016973233

Bwhahahahahaha!

wrote:
[...]

Changing it won't do you any good. I saved the page of you in your pretty
dress and all dragged out on my hard drive for future harassment.
Bwahahhahahahaha.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 08:44:56 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:48:40 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:44:03 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

m...

wrote:
[...]

??? Those are TWO different profiles of two differnt people with the
same name.

I know you are trying to move attention away from your TWO laughable
attempts at hurricane forecasts, but this is really lame, Chicken
Little.

Danny is now even further offshore and so weak that they hesitate to
even calling it by a name. Maybe they should have named it Wilbur.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

autopilot failure Gary General 1 October 12th 04 02:57 AM
Autopilot Failure Gary Electronics 0 October 7th 04 10:53 AM
Autopilot failure Gary General 3 October 7th 04 04:07 AM
Bush is a failure... jim-- General 15 September 1st 04 11:02 PM