posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Stephen Trapani Stephen Trapani is offline

Default Zac is a FAILURE just like I always said . . .

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"silverdragon" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 12:31 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
The Guinness Book of Records does not recognize Zac Sunderland's
circumnavigation because he had too much outside help. Bwaahahahhahahaha.

I told you so.

"The previous youngest to complete a similar voyage was American Zac
Sunderland last month, but his effort is not recognized by Guinness World
Records."

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...57Q2V220090827

Wilbur Hubbard

:: I really dont think his goal was to get into "the book".
::
:: He set out to single handedly circumnavigate the world by sailboat,
:: and that he did.

Wrong! His stated goal was to be the youngest person to sail alone around
the world.

He failed miserable as he did not sail alone around the world. He had help
with tows into and out of various ports.

So did Perham.

He used the Panama Canal which is
not sailing.

So did Perham.

He had all sorts of people constantly working on his boat.

So did Perham.

He
dilly-dallied around for months at a time and had a birthday en route while
workmen refitted his boat time after time.

So did Perham. Perham did it faster though, because the boat he had
donated to him (unlike Sunderland who bought his own boat) was much faster.

Stephen