Default teak floor coating

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:32:03 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:19:19 GMT,
(Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:46:58 -0400, "ElmerF."
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.. .

"Capt. JG" wrote:

Really?
http://www.deksolje.com/

Too bad.

IMHO, stuff is garbage, even in fresh water (Lake Erie).

Lew

Yeah, really good stuff might have lasted him 13 years instead of the 12
years he got from "garbage."

My son gave me a couple of slat type six foot teak benches. The
horizontal bits need finished the rest is OK. Tung oil perhaps?

Casady

Just make sure that whatever you use isn't going to rub off on
people's clothes!

Good point. Tung oil will dry to hardness as it oxidises, just like
the linseed used in so much paint.

Casady

wrote:

So I now looking for someone that has some that's been 'sitting
around'..

Why?

Lew

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:33:41 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

So I now looking for someone that has some that's been 'sitting
around'..

Why?

Lew

I think he may be a troll of some kind. He's been given information on
where to buy the stuff in the US and in the UK. It's widely available,
yet he keeps insisting they are out of business. I can't find a shred
of evidence for that.

Look at
http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76728

also :

http://gregboats.com/pages/finishes.html

I call Interlux who bought out Flood marine products ans was to that
Flood would not sell Deks Ojle foruma.
I call Defender who told me the same thing.

Hanz

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:36:28 -0400, wrote:

Look at
http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76728

also :

http://gregboats.com/pages/finishes.html

I call Interlux who bought out Flood marine products ans was to that
Flood would not sell Deks Ojle foruma.
I call Defender who told me the same thing.

Hanz

I have given you two sources, one on each side of the Atlantic Ocean
who have it. There is also a website for deks that is copyright 2009.
That's this year, in case your calendar is out of order, too. That
website has online ordering for the product.

You wanted to know where to find it, and you have been told.

wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:33:41 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

So I now looking for someone that has some that's been 'sitting
around'..

Why?

Lew

I think he may be a troll of some kind. He's been given information on
where to buy the stuff in the US and in the UK. It's widely available,
yet he keeps insisting they are out of business. I can't find a shred
of evidence for that.

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:36:28 -0400, wrote:

Look at
http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76728

also :

http://gregboats.com/pages/finishes.html

I call Interlux who bought out Flood marine products ans was to that
Flood would not sell Deks Ojle foruma.
I call Defender who told me the same thing.

Hanz

Why not call the current owner of Deks Olje? I gave you the phone
number!

Here it is AGAIN:

Teak Care Products (Deks Olje)
Don Schallick
611 Phippen-Waiters Road, Suite 110
Dania, FL 33004
Phone: (954) 929-3905

wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:33:41 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

So I now looking for someone that has some that's been 'sitting
around'..

Why?

Lew

I think he may be a troll of some kind. He's been given information on
where to buy the stuff in the US and in the UK. It's widely available,
yet he keeps insisting they are out of business. I can't find a shred
of evidence for that.

"Vic Smith" wrote:

Non-waterproof coatings for outside wood is just a fetish.
Stain if needed, then use a good waterproof varnish.
Strip and redo when the varnish fails.
IMO.

If you truly want to protect exterior wood, it is expensive but
straight forward.

Strip to bare wood, then apply 4-5 coats of laminating epoxy, sanding
lightly between coats.

It is absolutely essential that 100% of the wood is totally sealed.

Allow to cure for 30 days, sand lightly, then apply 2-3 coats of
marine 2 part poly to totally seal the epoxy and thus provide UV
protection of the epoxy.

Maintenance consists of maintaining the poly which protects the epoxy
base coat.

Lew