BoatBanter.com

-   -   teak floor coating (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/108910-teak-floor-coating.html)

[email protected] August 17th 09 09:19 PM

teak floor coating

We have a teak floor in out boat. It's never been sanded. It's at least
1/4" thick. We put on Deks Olje about 12 year ago, but it's no longer
made..

Any ideas what we should use now??

Hanz

Capt. JG August 17th 09 09:43 PM

teak floor coating

Really? http://www.deksolje.com/

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Lew Hodgett[_3_] August 17th 09 11:40 PM

teak floor coating

"Capt. JG" wrote:

Really? http://www.deksolje.com/

Too bad.

IMHO, stuff is garbage, even in fresh water (Lake Erie).

Lew

ElmerF. August 18th 09 01:46 AM

teak floor coating

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote:

Really? http://www.deksolje.com/

Too bad.

IMHO, stuff is garbage, even in fresh water (Lake Erie).

Lew

Yeah, really good stuff might have lasted him 13 years instead of the 12
years he got from "garbage."

Lew Hodgett[_3_] August 18th 09 03:36 AM

teak floor coating

"ElmerF." wrote:

Yeah, really good stuff might have lasted him 13 years instead of
the 12 years he got from "garbage."

Re-read his post.

Does INDOOR grab you?

Lew

Hanz August 19th 09 11:36 AM

teak floor coating

Are you sure that the web site is active?? I being call and leaving
message the last few days but no response...

Hanz

Capt. JG August 19th 09 05:44 PM

teak floor coating

Capt. JG wrote:

wrote in message

We have a teak floor in out boat. It's never been sanded. It's at least
1/4" thick. We put on Deks Olje about 12 year ago, but it's no longer
made..

Any ideas what we should use now??

Hanz

Really? http://www.deksolje.com/

How would I possibly know that? Keep trying or send them an email. If you
don't get a response, I suppose you should move on to something else or try
to find it elsewhere. Good luck!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

[email protected] August 20th 09 03:02 AM

teak floor coating

I look at jamestown .... it's not available.

Hanz

wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:44:06 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Hanz" wrote in message
. ..

Are you sure that the web site is active?? I being call and leaving
message the last few days but no response...

Hanz

Capt. JG wrote:

wrote in message
m...

We have a teak floor in out boat. It's never been sanded. It's at least
1/4" thick. We put on Deks Olje about 12 year ago, but it's no longer
made..

Any ideas what we should use now??

Really?
http://www.deksolje.com/

How would I possibly know that? Keep trying or send them an email. If you
don't get a response, I suppose you should move on to something else or try
to find it elsewhere. Good luck!

In U.S.A.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...Name=Deks+Olje

or in the UK...

http://marinestore.co.uk/Merchant2/m...anes-deks-olje

Wayne.B August 20th 09 03:51 AM

teak floor coating

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:02:59 -0400, wrote:

I look at jamestown .... it's not available.

Teak Care Products (Deks Olje)
Don Schallick
611 Phippen-Waiters Road, Suite 110
Dania, FL 33004
Phone: (954) 929-3905
Fax: (954) 923-2673

Richard Casady August 20th 09 01:19 PM

teak floor coating

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:46:58 -0400, "ElmerF."
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.. .

"Capt. JG" wrote:

Really? http://www.deksolje.com/

Too bad.

IMHO, stuff is garbage, even in fresh water (Lake Erie).

Lew

Yeah, really good stuff might have lasted him 13 years instead of the 12
years he got from "garbage."

My son gave me a couple of slat type six foot teak benches. The
horizontal bits need finished the rest is OK. Tung oil perhaps?

Casady