Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Volvo 2000 Diesel Stuck.

I took a look at the diesel on my kid's new bargain buy ten tonner: a
Volvo Penta 2 cylinder diesel.
Crankshaft frozen in position after standing two years.
I guess the rings stuck?
Tried landing a sledge blow through a wood dowel on the crank pulley
a time or two (the start handle being temporarily misplaced), but it
didn't want to play.

I guess spraying release oil through the injectors and using body
language a few days later might have worked. Pity!

Oh well. He'll sell it again needing a little TLC I expect...

Brian W

Volvo vs Yanmar diesel Cruising 20 August 4th 06 04:31 PM
Volvo Penta 270 outdrive on Bayliner stuck down - help! Ian Taylor General 2 March 26th 06 08:20 PM
FS: 2000 SCARAB 38 TWIN Volvo 600's ++++++++ Bristol Bidualt Power Boat Racing 1 August 3rd 04 01:31 AM
FS: 2000 SCARAB 38 - TWIN Volvo Penta 600's Bristol Bidualt General 0 August 1st 04 01:24 AM
2000 Volvo Penta sx outdrive u-joints matthew siroky General 0 March 30th 04 05:12 AM