Ian Taylor

Default Volvo Penta 270 outdrive on Bayliner stuck down - help!

I have an '86 Bayliner Capri with a volvo 270 outdrive on it. Today a
friend forgot to trim the motor up and pulled it out of the lake. Didn't do
any damage to the skeg, but now the trim won't tilt the drive up, and we are
stuck (can't tow). Is there 1) a manual way to pick this drive up, and 2)
does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I recently put a new trim motor
in, and it runs fine. Is there something hydraulic I should be looking for?

Thanks
Ian

James

If you disconnect the lines then you can force the out drive up. Be
prepared for a mess as hydralic fluid will come out. It's also heavy and
you will need to tie it up with rope.

"Ian Taylor" wrote in message
I have an '86 Bayliner Capri with a volvo 270 outdrive on it. Today a
friend forgot to trim the motor up and pulled it out of the lake. Didn't
do any damage to the skeg, but now the trim won't tilt the drive up, and
we are stuck (can't tow). Is there 1) a manual way to pick this drive up,
and 2) does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I recently put a new
trim motor in, and it runs fine. Is there something hydraulic I should be
looking for?

Thanks
Ian

Stanley Barthfarkle

Our '85 Bayliner Capri with 270 outdrive is raised with an electric motor &
worm drive. No hydraulics. Check the 2 long screws that hold the tilt motor
onto the shaft. (behind/above the engine on the right) Ours came loose and
wouldn't raise. Might have also stripped the gear.

link.net...

"Ian Taylor" wrote in message
I have an '86 Bayliner Capri with a volvo 270 outdrive on it. Today a
friend forgot to trim the motor up and pulled it out of the lake. Didn't
do any damage to the skeg, but now the trim won't tilt the drive up, and
we are stuck (can't tow). Is there 1) a manual way to pick this drive up,
and 2) does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I recently put a new
trim motor in, and it runs fine. Is there something hydraulic I should be
looking for?

Thanks
Ian

Vintage Volvo Penta question H. Overbeek Cruising 2 March 24th 06 09:50 PM
VOLVO PENTA 290 DP STEERING HELMET Bob Cruising 0 March 5th 06 09:34 PM
Volvo Penta AQ120B Weber Carb Conversion Kit FS DBM1964 General 0 January 9th 06 02:18 AM
volvo penta tamd41-b weedking General 0 October 30th 05 01:28 PM
Drain Plug at Intake Mainfold on 2005 Volvo Penta 4.3? Scott_SS General 1 October 11th 05 03:36 AM