Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Volvo 2000 Diesel Stuck.

I took a look at the diesel on my kid's new bargain buy ten tonner: a
Volvo Penta 2 cylinder diesel.
Crankshaft frozen in position after standing two years.
I guess the rings stuck?
Tried landing a sledge blow through a wood dowel on the crank pulley
a time or two (the start handle being temporarily misplaced), but it
didn't want to play.

I guess spraying release oil through the injectors and using body
language a few days later might have worked. Pity!

Oh well. He'll sell it again needing a little TLC I expect...

Brian W