Default Cruising World May 09

On May 16, 8:52 pm, Martin wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:
On May 15, 7:15 am, Martin wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:
I got my issue, but the cover was torn. I shot them an e-mail and I
had a new copy three days later. It's probably their best issue EVER.
Bob, I know this kind of like lob ball, but you don't have to swing at
every pitch....

Cheers
Martin

C'mon, Martin! I've been away for quite a while. But here's a new shot
of my home theater which now has a much improved 1080p projector and
larger screen as of January.

http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p897508854-5.jpg

Looks nice Bob, three things:

Why only 1080?

Aren't you too far from the screen, or is that just and effect of a wide
angle lens?

Electric baseboard heat! In New York State? Are you nuts?

1080p is the highest level format via easily obtainable HD sources. I
see a a fairly small improvement from my previous 720p projector,
though the jump from 480p is significant. The image from either 720 or
1080 is utterly film-like when set up well.

The screen is 11 feet wide and the seating distance is actually a bit
two close at 15 feet. The effect you see is from the wide Nikon lens
used.

The baseboard is functional, but not how the room is heated anymore.
I've been too lazy to remove it. The eventual plan is to put in a
larger screen and a better sound system (currently a simple SVS &
Denon system).
The overall effect of the system is that of being in a small theater,
but with better picture and sound. HD sporting events are simply
stunning as well. Via the PS3 you can even cruise the web on the big
screen.

RB
35s5
NY