Default Charleston County (SC) council responds...

One of the Charleston County councilmen I sent emails to about the tax
bureaucrats running off the cruisers on our local docks with threats of
taxes and confiscations for not paying responded last night.

All counties in coastal SC have changed their 2-week limit on staying,
imposed by the *******s in Columbia at the state house, to SIX MONTHS. You
can now come to Charleston and stay up to 6 months without fear of taxation
from the Tax Gestapo.

If you hear anything to the contrary, in the last year, I'd like to relay
it back to our councilmen for resolution. The law has been changed to
allow transients to stay, tax (but not dock fee ripoff) free for 6 months.

-----
Larry

If anyone is accosted by the Tax Gestapo at their boat, feed me his name
after you demand to see his ID badge they all have and I will make damned
sure it is properly reported to County Council.....thanks.

On Tue, 12 May 2009 16:05:12 +0000, Larry wrote:

If anyone is accosted by the Tax Gestapo at their boat, feed me his name
after you demand to see his ID badge they all have and I will make damned
sure it is properly reported to County Council.....thanks.

And thank you Larry. Unfortunately the memories of my run in with
Charleston County are too recent and too painful to be a pioneer.
Time will tell.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Tue, 12 May 2009 16:05:12 +0000, Larry wrote:

If anyone is accosted by the Tax Gestapo at their boat, feed me his
name after you demand to see his ID badge they all have and I will
make damned sure it is properly reported to County Council.....thanks.

And thank you Larry. Unfortunately the memories of my run in with
Charleston County are too recent and too painful to be a pioneer.
Time will tell.

The docks were fairly full, today when I drove over the bridge by the
marinas in the lower Ashley River....City and Ashley. This is the best
time of year to visit Charleston with the whole place in full bloom and the
air so sweet in many places it makes me sneeze. We had a little rain but
it's going to be a beautiful weekend around 80F.

The offshore fishing has picked up, too, Cap'n Ron tells me from his
galley....(c;]

--
-----
Larry

NOAA RESPONDS! Larry Cruising 11 October 3rd 08 02:05 AM
American Boating & Yacht Council Standards, new or older for 1/16 the price ? Courtney Thomas Boat Building 2 August 13th 06 05:32 PM
( OT ) U.S. Rep. Christopher Cox says he was misquoted; Salon'sMichelle Goldberg responds. Jim, General 16 February 28th 05 08:35 PM
There is always another side of the story--Rob Dubin responds Charlie J Cruising 7 September 23rd 03 02:58 AM