Default Best Sailing Film Ever

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Joe wrote:
On May 12, 2:06 pm, cavelamb wrote:
Joe wrote:
http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com...t-video-of-192...
If you have not seen it take the time.
Joe
Thanks, Joe.

Finally something worth the time and effort to read this group...

Ya done good.

Richard

Saw it many years ago, sort of inspiring if you were thinking about
hauling cargo by sail.

I like the part where he jokes about the 4 prop kicking up such a
wake,,,that and when he climbs down the edge of the sail and forestay.
the fellow defined the term "Deck Ape".

Joe

Climbing down the edge of the sail was pretty amazing.
All you could do is pinch the edge. No way to actually
grab the sail.

That's got to be plain old (superhuman) hand strength!

I've passed it on to all my sailing friends.
I think I'll even post it on Sailing Anarchy tonight.
(and they think their guys are tough!)

Thanks again.
Real good share.

You didn't listen to the narrative very closely. The dude said the edges of
the sail contained a cable the size of a man's thumb. Think about that for
a minute. Catch the thing in the crook of the thumb and forefinger and use
the feet against the sail lower down. Hell, I could do it and I'm old. Now,
going UP would be a different story.

Now, the real superhuman feat was the captain jumping off the stern while
holding a man rope in one hand, grabbing onto an overboard crewman passing
by as the damned ship was probably going 16 knots and then having the crew
haul him and the other man back over the transom. One hand for the rope and
one for the crewman. Now, there's a superman. Working against current and
gravity with one hand. Maybe a thousand pounds of force all contained in the
grip of one hand.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Tue, 12 May 2009 06:06:15 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com...nder-sail.html

If you have not seen it take the time.

Joe

Thanks for the memories. I used to work a couple of blocks away from
where the Peking is now docked at South Street Seaport in New York
City. I've been aboard quite a few times and was even tempted to
climb the rigging one night during a particularly good party after a
weekend's racing in NY Harbor.

Gossip about Film Industry,Film Stars,Their Lives and Lifestyle praj General 0 April 11th 09 05:26 PM
Anybody still shoot film? Tom Francis - SWSports General 4 November 10th 08 03:54 AM
there, go lift a film Ralf ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:52 AM
Cheney caught on film, Bush SR. caught on film Gould 0738 General 35 September 15th 04 08:33 PM
Film Opening Bobsprit ASA 9 October 17th 03 09:08 PM