Default Ping Larry

Larry, IIRC, you had a few choice words about the coolant overflow reservoir
that Yanmar supplies. I think it had to do with the tube entering the
reservoir from the top rather than the bottom.
I seem to be having a problem with this as well; the coolant flows to the
reservoir, but less returns, suggesting there is an air leak in fittings of
this tube.
Did you come up with something better?

"Garland Gray" wrote in
:

Larry, IIRC, you had a few choice words about the coolant overflow
reservoir that Yanmar supplies. I think it had to do with the tube
entering the reservoir from the top rather than the bottom.
I seem to be having a problem with this as well; the coolant flows to
the reservoir, but less returns, suggesting there is an air leak in
fittings of this tube.
Did you come up with something better?

Yes, from the local junkyard. There are hundreds of coolant recovery tanks
with the hose coming out the BOTTOM where it belongs that cannot suck air
trying to lift the coolant up that leaky tube that falls off. Just go and
find one with a bracket you can fit near the old one.

Many cars put radiator pressure on the coolant recovery tank and therefore
have pressure caps on the recovery tank! Don't get one of these. You want
one with the simply snap off non-pressurized cap on it.

Another place to get a good tank is an auto parts store. We installed one
that was made for windshield washer fluid that had a similarly sized tube
out the BOTTOM and it works fine. It's so big, even if the heat exchanger
gets a leak in it there's a gallon of coolant in the big windshield washer
tank for it to use! The tank is higher than the heat exchanger adding
gravity pressure to fill it if it leaks....instead of leaving you stranded
unable to suck fluid from BELOW the heat exchanger like the original
mounting had...with the overheat buzzer blaring away.

Somebody at Yanmar needs a course in COMMON SENSE.....

--
-----
Larry

Ping Larry Garland Gray Cruising 1 April 21st 09 05:02 AM
ping... Larry Don White General 5 August 20th 08 01:39 PM
Ping ... Larry Don White Cruising 2 May 8th 07 07:18 PM
ping Larry MMC Cruising 16 March 9th 06 04:40 AM