posted to alt.jokes,rec.outdoors.fishing,alt.impeach.bush,alt.education,rec.boats.cruising

Default A Real Gagster, Mr. Twaddle!

"Joking deckhand chokes to death on bait"

LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A charter boat deckhand trying to make a
group of California schoolchildren laugh has choked to death on a bait
fish he put in his mouth.

Capt. Dan Salas of the 55-foot Gail Force said Tuesday that deckhand
Jeff Twaddle died last week off Long Beach in front of about 20
elementary school students from the Los Angeles area. He called it a
"tragic freak accident."

Authorities say the 54-year-old longtime fisherman was trying to "make
the students laugh" when he popped the fish in his mouth. It lodged in
his throat and Twaddle quickly lost consciousness. He was pronounced
dead at a hospital.

School officials sent a note to parents and were providing grief
counselors for students.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...NJgBwD979PC9O0
___

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:31:24 -0700 (PDT), "MarvAlbert'sPanties"
wrote:

Authorities say the 54-year-old longtime fisherman was trying to "make
the students laugh" when he popped the fish in his mouth. It lodged in
his throat and Twaddle quickly lost consciousness. He was pronounced
dead at a hospital.

In a James Bond short story the bad guy a was asleep in a deck chair.
Bond fished a fish specimen out of a jar of alcohol and popped it into
the victims mouth with fatal results. The fins held it in place.

Casady

news
wrote:

Authorities say the 54-year-old longtime fisherman was trying to "make
the students laugh" when he popped the fish in his mouth. It lodged in
his throat and Twaddle quickly lost consciousness. He was pronounced
dead at a hospital.

In a James Bond short story the bad guy a was asleep in a deck chair.
Bond fished a fish specimen out of a jar of alcohol and popped it into
the victims mouth with fatal results. The fins held it in place.

Casady

Hmmm. Murdering someone in their sleep kinda seems like a "bad guy" sorta
thing to do.

wrote:

Authorities say the 54-year-old longtime fisherman was trying to "make
the students laugh" when he popped the fish in his mouth. It lodged in
his throat and Twaddle quickly lost consciousness. He was pronounced
dead at a hospital.

In a James Bond short story the bad guy a was asleep in a deck chair.
Bond fished a fish specimen out of a jar of alcohol and popped it into
the victims mouth with fatal results. The fins held it in place.

Casady

Hmmm. Murdering someone in their sleep kinda seems like a "bad guy" sorta
thing to do.

Guy whipped his wife with a sting ray tail, for trivial things. And
showed the whip to guests. He called it the ' corrector '. They
invented short drop hanging for guys like him. Of course Bond murdered
him in his sleep. What better time?
By the way, Bond was a professional assassin. A guy needed removing,
so he did one for free, for the sake of the abused wife.
Bond was pure fantasy. He carried a .25 auto, even less effective than
a 22 rimfire. " the best that can be said about a .25 is that if you
shoot someone with one it will give a slight edge in the fistfight
that will surely follow." All that movie stuff wasn't in the books.
The only trick things he had were shoes with small daggers, the heels
for handles, an attache case with a hidden fake passport and gold
coins in the handle, and a hidden dashboard compartment for a .45 in
his car. Trick **** millions could duplicate in a few weekends.

wrote:
Hmmm. Murdering someone in their sleep kinda seems like a "bad guy" sorta
thing to do.

Guy whipped his wife with a sting ray tail, for trivial things. And
showed the whip to guests. He called it the ' corrector '. They
invented short drop hanging for guys like him. Of course Bond murdered
him in his sleep. What better time?
Casady

Ah, context does make a difference. Dude probably had it coming. ;-)

Richard Casady wrote:
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 10:16:41 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Richard Casady"

Bond was pure fantasy. He carried a .25 auto, even less effective than
a 22 rimfire. " the best that can be said about a .25 is that if you
shoot someone with one it will give a slight edge in the fistfight
that will surely follow."

Oh boy! A gun thread, yippee!

At a mere 60 ft-lbs, there is a rather good possibility that if you
shoot someone in the forehead with a .25, the round will not penetrate
the skull.

Give me a .45 SAG, you can get a Glock that'll hold about thirty of
these in a clip....

Cheers
Martin

"Martin" wrote in message
Richard Casady wrote:
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 10:16:41 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Richard Casady"

Bond was pure fantasy. He carried a .25 auto, even less effective than
a 22 rimfire. " the best that can be said about a .25 is that if you
shoot someone with one it will give a slight edge in the fistfight
that will surely follow."

Oh boy! A gun thread, yippee!

At a mere 60 ft-lbs, there is a rather good possibility that if you shoot
someone in the forehead with a .25, the round will not penetrate the
skull.

Give me a .45 SAG, you can get a Glock that'll hold about thirty of these
in a clip....

Cheers
Martin

That's as may be, but I wouldn't stand in front of my .22 Buckmark if it was
about to go off.

Course, I wouldn't stand in front of my SW .38s either but the .22 is still
going to put a hole in you. Might take you a while to cark it but in the
right spot, cark it you will.

Never fired a .25 but one of my friends has one - Italian job his father
bought back from WW2 (not kosher in this jurisdiction but only a few of us
know about it)

hoges in WA

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
Richard Casady wrote:
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 10:16:41 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Richard Casady"

[...]

My understanding was that in some respects getting hit by a 22 is worse...
tends to rattle around, bouncing off things and doing a lot of damage, where
a larger caliber goes right through (and doesn't hit something vital of
course). I think I'd prefer to get hit with a bb.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Hoges in WA wrote:

That's as may be, but I wouldn't stand in front of my .22 Buckmark if it was
about to go off.

Course, I wouldn't stand in front of my SW .38s either but the .22 is still
going to put a hole in you. Might take you a while to cark it but in the
right spot, cark it you will.

A .22LR has twice the muzzle energy of a .25 pistol round.

However good your chances may be, I wouldn't want to get my head in the
way of either.....

Cheers
Martin

Capt. JG wrote:

My understanding was that in some respects getting hit by a 22 is worse...
tends to rattle around, bouncing off things and doing a lot of damage, where
a larger caliber goes right through (and doesn't hit something vital of
course). I think I'd prefer to get hit with a bb.

Certainly true enough for the rattling around business. As for the
round penetrating cleanly, well there are a few variables here.

The Geneva Conventions specifically require metal jacketed ammunition
for rifles, just so that non-fatal shots do not tend to mutilate, i.e.,
take an arm or leg off. This does not however apply to smaller weapons,
pistols, and sub-machine guns.

The big pistol rounds tend to be slow moving and dissipate most, if not
all their energy in the target. This is one of the reasons for the US
Army adoption of the .45CAP, look up Moro Natives..... On the other
the German luger of WWII vintage fired a small caliber high velocity
round that made it very ineffective, (stories abound of Nazis lining
Jews up and seeing how many bodies they could shoot through,, on the
whole they are probably just that, stories; probably some truth there
though.

If you must get shot, try a nerf gun.

Cheers
Martin