Default Paint

The PO had painted the melamine tops with white latex paint.

I'm sure it looked wonderful three years ago, but damp and humidity have
lifted huge lumps of it leaving the blue melamine showing through here
and there like a disease.

So to start a freshening up exercise, I took the refrigerator lid home,
stripped it down the blue and sprayed it with white refrigerator paint
from Home Depot.

Looks terrific, so now I'm off to the boat to do the rest of the galley
area..

Let's hope in three years it still looks good!

--
Molesworth

On Mar 20, 1:08*pm, Nigel Molesworth wrote:
The PO had painted the melamine tops with white latex paint.

I'm sure it looked wonderful three years ago, but damp and humidity have
lifted huge lumps of it leaving the blue melamine showing through here
and there like a disease.

So to start a freshening up exercise, I took the refrigerator lid home,
stripped it down the blue and sprayed it with white refrigerator paint
from Home Depot.

Looks terrific, so now I'm off to the boat to do the rest of the galley
area..

Let's hope in three years it still looks good!

If the melamine is still stuck on tight, why not strip the paint and
return the countertop finish to original?

DSK

Paint Nelson General 23 November 7th 07 03:56 PM
Bottom Paint ,,, 20 layers of Bottom Paint ,,, how to remove it. Thomas Wentworth Cruising 33 April 12th 06 12:31 AM
Bottom Paint Tailgunner Boat Building 2 January 10th 05 11:33 AM
Antifouling paint reacts with gloss paint. ARGHH! Stu Knowles Boat Building 7 August 3rd 04 11:31 PM
What paint to use Pat Boat Building 10 March 16th 04 01:43 PM