Default splicing

I just attended a very interesting "rigging" seminar, and part of the
program was a brief discussion about splicing. We were given a very handy
Splicing Manual produced by Samson (http://www.samsonrope.com). I'm
impressed. It lists just about everything you'd ever want to know about
splicing, tools, techniques, strengths, etc., all in a very handy 170 page,
small format flip book.

Here's a picture of it...

http://picasaweb.google.com/SailNOW....11983491119314

If you have an opportunity to pick one up, I highly recommend it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
I just attended a very interesting "rigging" seminar, and part of the
program was a brief discussion about splicing. We were given a very handy
Splicing Manual produced by Samson (http://www.samsonrope.com). I'm
impressed. It lists just about everything you'd ever want to know about
splicing, tools, techniques, strengths, etc., all in a very handy 170 page,
small format flip book.

Here's a picture of it...

http://picasaweb.google.com/SailNOW....11983491119314

If you have an opportunity to pick one up, I highly recommend it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Are you able to splice these together now?

http://www.stopaddiction.co.za/stopa...d_blotter1.JPG

--
Gregory Hall

Capt. JG wrote:
I just attended a very interesting "rigging" seminar, and part of the
program was a brief discussion about splicing. We were given a very handy
Splicing Manual produced by Samson (http://www.samsonrope.com). I'm
impressed. It lists just about everything you'd ever want to know about
splicing, tools, techniques, strengths, etc., all in a very handy 170 page,
small format flip book.

Here's a picture of it...

http://picasaweb.google.com/SailNOW....11983491119314

If you have an opportunity to pick one up, I highly recommend it.

Just ordered one he

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...3259&id=812328

Stephen

"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Here's a picture of it...

http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?page=28

Here's enough splicing instructions to keep most fids happy for years.....

There are also many technical papers on the website....

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Here's a picture of it...

http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?page=28

Here's enough splicing instructions to keep most fids happy for years.....

There are also many technical papers on the website....

It's a very good resource of which I was not aware until I attended the
seminar.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Larry wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Here's a picture of it...

http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?page=28

Here's enough splicing instructions to keep most fids happy for years.....

There are also many technical papers on the website....

So last year I tried to copy some of those off and take them to the boat
since one splicing job I need to do is on the end of an installed
halyard, and the disorganization of papers and resultant confusion was
enough to make me think that it would be great to just have the book.

I guess I'm just a spoiled wasteful capitalist. :-/

Stephen

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Here's a picture of it...

http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?page=28

Here's enough splicing instructions to keep most fids happy for
years.....

There are also many technical papers on the website....

So last year I tried to copy some of those off and take them to the boat
since one splicing job I need to do is on the end of an installed halyard,
and the disorganization of papers and resultant confusion was enough to
make me think that it would be great to just have the book.

I guess I'm just a spoiled wasteful capitalist. :-/

Stephen

I agree for something like this. The booklet I got is pretty nice. Just the
right size and very readable. If hadn't gotten it for free, I would have
bought it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

MMC MMC is offline

easolutions...
Larry wrote:
[...]

I just put it on my Christmas list! Actually I told my wife and I'm sure
we'll both forget.

Marine Stereo - Splicing Different Wire Gauges RJM2 Electronics 6 July 10th 08 02:14 PM
Splicing? cavelamb himself Cruising 2 January 18th 07 04:19 PM
Multiplait splicing Len Cruising 10 November 8th 06 01:41 AM
Splicing instructions update Roger Long Cruising 6 March 13th 06 10:54 PM
Looking for splicing instructions 8-plait to chain captnorm Cruising 7 September 7th 04 01:54 PM