Default Offshore

What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
Gordon

"Gordon" wrote in message
m...
What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
Gordon

Stow it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Feb 7, 10:46 am, Gordon wrote:
What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
Gordon

chain binder it down and put the deck shackle in the link. if it needs
some work i touch up the paint and do what is needed.
sometimes i drag out the chain and repaint the shots.

"Gordon" wrote in message
m...
What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
Gordon

Mine is a Bruce anchor permanently stowed neatly on the bow roller with a
light line to stop it inadvertantly launching itself.
All the chain and the nylon rode is in the anchor locker on the foredeck.
Takes just a moment to have it ready to drop.

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Gordon" wrote in message
m...
What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
Gordon

Mine is a Bruce anchor permanently stowed neatly on the bow roller with a
light line to stop it inadvertantly launching itself.
All the chain and the nylon rode is in the anchor locker on the foredeck.
Takes just a moment to have it ready to drop.

Do you think you'll need it offshore? Not sure how big yours is... I have a
small Buce (great anchor, btw), and I even stow it on the bay if I know I'm
not going to be using it. I'm thinking about replacing the light line I use
with a more robust bracket. It can get wild and wooly in the slot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:
"Edgar" wrote in message
"Gordon" wrote in message
m...
What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
Gordon

Mine is a Bruce anchor permanently stowed neatly on the bow roller with a
light line to stop it inadvertantly launching itself.
All the chain and the nylon rode is in the anchor locker on the foredeck.
Takes just a moment to have it ready to drop.

Do you think you'll need it offshore? Not sure how big yours is... I have a
small Buce (great anchor, btw), and I even stow it on the bay if I know I'm
not going to be using it. I'm thinking about replacing the light line I use
with a more robust bracket. It can get wild and wooly in the slot.

Use it for a drogue...

"katy" wrote in message
. com...
Capt. JG wrote:
"Edgar" wrote in message
"Gordon" wrote in message
m...
What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or
two?
Gordon
Mine is a Bruce anchor permanently stowed neatly on the bow roller with
a light line to stop it inadvertantly launching itself.
All the chain and the nylon rode is in the anchor locker on the
foredeck.
Takes just a moment to have it ready to drop.

Do you think you'll need it offshore? Not sure how big yours is... I have
a small Buce (great anchor, btw), and I even stow it on the bay if I know
I'm not going to be using it. I'm thinking about replacing the light line
I use with a more robust bracket. It can get wild and wooly in the slot.

Use it for a drogue...

Right... but, unless there's weather coming, I don't see the point of having
it potentially get loose.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Gordon wrote in
m:

What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
Gordon

We take it with us.

Larry wrote:
Gordon wrote in
m:

What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
Gordon

We take it with us.

Jeez Larry, that sounds like a Wilburrrr reply!!
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 7, 10:46*am, Gordon wrote:
* *What do you do with your anchor when going offshore for a week or two?
* Gordon

I take my 45 lb cqr and put it below with my other ground takle. I
move my 300' 3/8 HT as low and aft as possible.
When there is no dirt around I dont have much use for the ground takle
besides my boat tends to hobby horse and nose around with all that
weight in the bow. I like a light bow...... or i should say, a
ballanced boat.

Good to see a boat question here again. There may be hope yet.
Bob