Default Kooks

alt.usenet.kooks.

The vandals of the internet!

So, no, this newsgroup is probably not viable any more.

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:46:14 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

alt.usenet.kooks.

The vandals of the internet!

So, no, this newsgroup is probably not viable any more.

Nope. The kooks are easy to delete. Easy to recognize the names and
threads.
If folks want to post cruising related posts, they can.
This is the first post I've opened in a while, not because of kooks,
but because nobody is posting about cruising.
And I recognized your name as a legit poster of course.
Kooks won't post anything cruising related.
Same with the flonkers. Easy to recognize and ignore.

--Vic

wrote:

alt.usenet.kooks.

The vandals of the internet!

So, no, this newsgroup is probably not viable any more.

Nope. The kooks are easy to delete. Easy to recognize the names and
threads.
If folks want to post cruising related posts, they can.
This is the first post I've opened in a while, not because of kooks,
but because nobody is posting about cruising.
And I recognized your name as a legit poster of course.
Kooks won't post anything cruising related.
Same with the flonkers. Easy to recognize and ignore.

--Vic

Fair 'nuff, Vic.

Heck, I'll even try to start!

D and I signed up for a local ASA Navigation class.
Come May I'm heading down to the Gulf for the Coastal Cruising class.

Some day soon, we are still hoping to hear the invitation to
"come get the boat"!!!

Richard

wrote:

[...]

That's a good class... took it years ago.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Default Sailing!

Capt. JG wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I've flown all my life and expected it to be a no-brainer.
I signed up just to keep D company while she went through it.

It turns out that navigation, at it's core, is navigation.
But God is in the details.
And there are a lot of details that are quite different.

I'm glad I signed up for it.

Richard

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:37:52 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

D and I signed up for a local ASA Navigation class.
Come May I'm heading down to the Gulf for the Coastal Cruising class.

Some day soon, we are still hoping to hear the invitation to
"come get the boat"!!!

Sounds like fun. So far I bought Chart 1, Chapmans and another nav
text I can't remember, but I'm so far from getting un-landlocked, I
haven't even glanced at them.
Found that as I aged, I don't retain knowledge as well unless I'm
using it, so I don't read "manual" type stuff unless I have the gear
near at hand.
And I don't even have a glimmer of a boat yet.
Have fun!

--Vic

wrote:

D and I signed up for a local ASA Navigation class.
Come May I'm heading down to the Gulf for the Coastal Cruising class.

Some day soon, we are still hoping to hear the invitation to
"come get the boat"!!!

Sounds like fun. So far I bought Chart 1, Chapmans and another nav
text I can't remember, but I'm so far from getting un-landlocked, I
haven't even glanced at them.
Found that as I aged, I don't retain knowledge as well unless I'm
using it, so I don't read "manual" type stuff unless I have the gear
near at hand.
And I don't even have a glimmer of a boat yet.
Have fun!

--Vic

As it turns out, I sold my sweet little boat WAY too early.
We had a Catalina Capri 18 that D just loved like a puppy.
It was a pretty little thing too.

But the guy offered way too much money for her, and I was
weak

So we've been sailing the club's J-22s this season.
The J22 is faster, no question asked, and handles well.
But no where near as nice - especially below decks.

Our 18 had the reverse snob appeal of being the smallest
yacht in the club. To the disappointment of a couple of
WWP 19s

Creature comforts please my lady.

She's game, though. She'll put up with a lot of discomfort
for the adventure - as long as she can get clean at the end
of the day.

Lynn Purday mentioned a fold up canvas type bath tub in one
of her books. I'm trying to figure out that one. It would
be so handy I'd probably play with it too!

Richard

wrote:

[...]

Just plug up ypour scuppers and let the hose fill up your cockpit ...a
guy we knew back in Michigan did that one blistering hot day and invited
a bunch of his ni=eighbors over to come soak their feet and swill
beer...you could add soap and a 2hp outboard and have a whirlpool with
suds..

katy wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I've done that in the Capri, but the Hunter bridge deck isn't tall enough.
Besides, sometimes you just want to play together in the bathtub.
Without the whole world watching!

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/her-sa...boat-home.html

cavelamb wrote:

Just plug up ypour scuppers and let the hose fill up your cockpit ...a
guy we knew back in Michigan did that one blistering hot day and
invited a bunch of his ni=eighbors over to come soak their feet and
swill beer...you could add soap and a 2hp outboard and have a
whirlpool with suds..

I've done that in the Capri, but the Hunter bridge deck isn't tall enough.
Besides, sometimes you just want to play together in the bathtub.
Without the whole world watching!

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/her-sa...boat-home.html

JuSOmehow I don't think a portable bathtub would be big enough for two
people...

Another LITS! Where have all the quality kooks gone? Porsche Monkey For Life ASA 16 March 12th 07 05:32 PM
Kooks sail too! HurricaneJeanne ASA 19 December 14th 06 10:42 AM
alt.sailing.asa is invaded by kooks, trolls,ding-a-lings, nuts and lunaticks. JeanneDArc~ ASA 0 December 11th 06 05:54 PM