Default Vaccu Flush Toilet

Hi all
Maybe Peggie H will respond
I just bought a used boat that has a Sealand Vaccu flush system. It
works, however, the pump makes squeaking noises.
anything I can do for preventative maintenance to stop the squeaking,
outside of pulling the unit?

THanks

Peggie Hall

g wrote:
Hi all
Maybe Peggie H will respond
I just bought a used boat that has a Sealand Vaccu flush system. It
works, however, the pump makes squeaking noises.
anything I can do for preventative maintenance to stop the squeaking,
outside of pulling the unit?

VacuFlush pumps don't require any preventive maintenance 'cuz there are
no moving parts in the pump that can wear or require lubrication, only a
bellows in the pump that the motor drives up and down. The manual (if
the PO didn't keep it, call SeaLand and get one...it covers just about
every symptom, possible causes and cures a VacuFlush can develop) lists
6 possible reasons why the pump would make noise other than the normal
"CHUNkaCHUNkaCHUNKa" of the bellows...only one (dirt or debris in the
bellows housing, which is unlikely to produce a squeaking sound) isn't
in the motor or gearbox. The two most likely to cause a squeaking sound
are a worn teflon bushing or a worn or defective gear motor.

I don't see any way out of pulling the pump out to find the cause and
fix it...however, I strongly recommend that you call SeaLand before
doing anything...800-321-9886.

If they tell you it needs a new motor or anything else that will cost
you more than about $100, get back to me before spending it...'cuz there
may be a better solution. You can post here or email me at
peg(dot)hall(at)sbcglobal(dot)net.

Btw...how old is it?

--
Peggie

Vaccu Flush toilet g General 4 August 16th 04 05:23 PM
Vaccu Flush Toilet g Boat Building 2 June 20th 04 04:55 PM
Grocco Head Replacement Jerry Cruising 22 November 7th 03 12:36 AM
Hooking up flush muffs...no water coming out of discharge (outboard) GeorgeR General 3 October 13th 03 02:24 AM
Watermakers -How long to flush? Glenn Ashmore Cruising 2 August 24th 03 03:30 AM