Default Is this group still active?

Larry wrote:
katy wrote in news:498b5d32$0$25513
:

Richard Casady wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:08:23 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
No reason not to do both.

Casady

But make sure you don"t curse unti the candle is lit.....

I have a joke candle that looks like a regular candle, white, tapered, very
nice. Only problem is you can't KEEP it lit! 5 seconds after you take
away the flame that got it burning....it goes out by itself.....(c;]

The wax cannot sustain its own ignition. It will burn about 5 seconds
before the heat available goes below the flashpoint of that wax.

It really is funny to watch them light it.....

That's like the opposite of those birthday cake candles that won't blow
out...only did that to one of our kids and it was so sad we decided
never to use them again...

wrote:

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
No reason not to do both.

Casady
But make sure you don"t curse unti the candle is lit.....

I have a joke candle that looks like a regular candle, white, tapered,
very
nice. Only problem is you can't KEEP it lit! 5 seconds after you take
away the flame that got it burning....it goes out by itself.....(c;]

The wax cannot sustain its own ignition. It will burn about 5 seconds
before the heat available goes below the flashpoint of that wax.

It really is funny to watch them light it.....

Ya, that'd be particularly funny at Chanukah. :-D

ew...not nice...

"katy" wrote in message
. com...

wrote:

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
No reason not to do both.

Casady
But make sure you don"t curse unti the candle is lit.....

I have a joke candle that looks like a regular candle, white, tapered,
very
nice. Only problem is you can't KEEP it lit! 5 seconds after you take
away the flame that got it burning....it goes out by itself.....(c;]

The wax cannot sustain its own ignition. It will burn about 5 seconds
before the heat available goes below the flashpoint of that wax.

It really is funny to watch them light it.....

Ya, that'd be particularly funny at Chanukah. :-D

ew...not nice...

Cayenne pepper on the Communion wafers, then?

katy wrote in news:498b8a2e$0$25468
:

That's like the opposite of those birthday cake candles that won't blow
out...only did that to one of our kids and it was so sad we decided
never to use them again...

Yeah, but wouldn't these no-light candles be fun to pull on MOM at the
birthday party?.....(c;}

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

wrote:

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

No reason not to do both.

Casady

But make sure you don"t curse unti the candle is lit.....

I have a joke candle that looks like a regular candle, white, tapered,
very
nice. Only problem is you can't KEEP it lit! 5 seconds after you take
away the flame that got it burning....it goes out by itself.....(c;]

The wax cannot sustain its own ignition. It will burn about 5 seconds
before the heat available goes below the flashpoint of that wax.

It really is funny to watch them light it.....

Ya, that'd be particularly funny at Chanukah. :-D

Hahahahaaa... I HAVE to get one of those.. err 9 of them

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katy" wrote in message
. com...

wrote:

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
No reason not to do both.

Casady
But make sure you don"t curse unti the candle is lit.....

I have a joke candle that looks like a regular candle, white, tapered,
very nice. Only problem is you can't KEEP it lit! 5 seconds after you
take away the flame that got it burning....it goes out by itself.....(c;]

The wax cannot sustain its own ignition. It will burn about 5 seconds
before the heat available goes below the flashpoint of that wax.

It really is funny to watch them light it.....

That's like the opposite of those birthday cake candles that won't blow
out...only did that to one of our kids and it was so sad we decided never
to use them again...

When I was a kid, I put a huge, hairy, fake spider under my mom's dinner
napkin on April 1st. She was NOT happy with me.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

akeOn Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:11:19 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

But make sure you don"t curse unti the candle is lit.....

When I was a kid, I put a huge, hairy, fake spider under my mom's dinner
napkin on April 1st. She was NOT happy with me.

When I was a kid you could ask the grocer for a tarantula. They came
in with the bananas. Now they are about 25 bucks at the pet shop.

Casady

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:11:19 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"katy" wrote in message
.com...

wrote:

[...]

When I was a kid you could ask any grocer for a tarantula. They came
in, in droves, with the bananas. Nobody I knew ever did, and now they
fumigate the fruit, and the spiders are 25 bucks at the pet shop.

Casady

richardcas... wrote:
When I was a kid you could ask any grocer for a tarantula. They came
in, in droves, with the bananas. Nobody I knew ever did, and now they
fumigate the fruit, and the spiders are 25 bucks at the pet shop.

Yeah, but nowadays you get 2posts for one on usenet!

DSK

On Feb 5, 11:36*am, wordsmith wrote:
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:31:45 -0500, someone posting as Keith Nuttle

purportedly wrote:
I have not seen any post to this group in some time

Be reassured then that your filters are working. *Naught but ****e in
here recently.

--
shut up and run.

So sad but true...this will be the last time that I use this
group...so many pathetic a-holes...I'm out of here.