Default New mainsail question..

wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:51:23 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

What ever happened to Mr. Ed???

Or was that Francis the Talking Mule that was really a painted zebra???

"By the tail of my great aunt, Regret, who won the Derby!"

The great myth returns. Neither Francis nor Mr. Ed were zebras. Mr. Ed was a
Palomino, Francis was a Jenny, not a Jack.

wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:13:16 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

What ever happened to Mr. Ed???

Or was that Francis the Talking Mule that was really a painted zebra???

"By the tail of my great aunt, Regret, who won the Derby!"

The great myth returns. Neither Francis nor Mr. Ed were zebras. Mr. Ed was
Palomino, Francis was a Jenny, not a Jack.

Well, duh!

Why woud anybody think that, anyway? Zebras are not known for being
exactly cooperative.

People looking it up on Snopes might get confused, as they have a "Joke"
section which asserts the zebra story.

wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:34:19 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
It's pretty funny in any case. It's even funnier to imagine someone
being taken in by it.

I mean, we are talking about a talking horse to begin with!

Wait a minute -- are you trying to say that neither Mr. Ed nor Francis could
actually talk?

wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:56:15 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:34:19 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
It's pretty funny in any case. It's even funnier to imagine someone
being taken in by it.

I mean, we are talking about a talking horse to begin with!

Wait a minute -- are you trying to say that neither Mr. Ed nor Francis
could
actually talk?

They probably could talk to each other...

And perhaps Rex Harrison.

wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:12:54 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:56:15 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:34:19 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
It's pretty funny in any case. It's even funnier to imagine someone
being taken in by it.

I mean, we are talking about a talking horse to begin with!

Wait a minute -- are you trying to say that neither Mr. Ed nor Francis
could
actually talk?

They probably could talk to each other...

And perhaps Rex Harrison.

Perhaps!

By far, this is the best off-topic from an on-topic thread... a horse is a
horse...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

In article .com,
Peter Bennett wrote:

Another thought (although you've probably checked) - any chance that
the boom or reefing lines are holding the sail down? Is the leech of
the sail tight when it is raised as far as it will go?

No. I checked that too. If the sail goes up another foot, it'll be
perfect!

I'll report back as soon as I've compared the sails off the boat, then
check the slugs - then after I've checked the mast, I thought I'd take
the top one or two off the new sail..

--
Molesworth

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:31:58 -0600, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

In article .com,
Peter Bennett wrote:

Another thought (although you've probably checked) - any chance that
the boom or reefing lines are holding the sail down? Is the leech of
the sail tight when it is raised as far as it will go?

No. I checked that too. If the sail goes up another foot, it'll be
perfect!

I'll report back as soon as I've compared the sails off the boat, then
check the slugs - then after I've checked the mast, I thought I'd take
the top one or two off the new sail..

By observing the luff of the sail, you should be able to decide where
it is sticking - if the whole luff is slack, then it is sticking at
the headboard. If some portion of the luff is tight, then it is
sticking at the bottom of that part.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Mainsail, rolling her up question Thomas Wentworth Cruising 6 July 19th 06 02:54 AM
Mainsail question Capt. Rob ASA 13 January 22nd 06 02:10 AM
Mainsail question... Capt. Rob ASA 14 January 20th 06 10:57 PM
Rigging Question #1 Mainsail Bart Senior ASA 10 September 14th 04 04:43 AM