posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Mainsail question

I have a J34 mainsail from UK and it's a full batton sail. But just
below the top batten is a another slot for another batten, but this
mounted on a downward angle. Can someone please explain the purpose of
this?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Is the top batten angled up?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Is the top batten angled up?

No, it's in line with the others and all full batton. The pocket is
angled down and is about 18 inches below the top batten, but is NOT
full. I can take a pic if that would help...
The sail is already on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

thats a bad ad Rob,

you need to take them all to a loft and lay them out and photograph
them then, or a grassy field. Measure Leech, Luff and Foot. Show all
the corners and makers tags. I thought you were a pro at photography.

Many people like me have no ideal what a J boat sail measures, but
might have a need if it's the right measurements

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I think the issue is performance, but I'm not sure why... I seem to recall
reading something about it... perhaps related to sail twist.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a J34 mainsail from UK and it's a full batton sail. But just
below the top batten is a another slot for another batten, but this
mounted on a downward angle. Can someone please explain the purpose of
this?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

It is probably to keep the head from falling off to much when you
introduce twist. A call to any Loft should let you know.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

I was going to bid on that sail, but then saw the negative
feedbacks.
I wouldn't trust that seller.
here's a few comments from some that did;

WARNING! WARNING! ALL EXCUSES! NO ITEM! F U A*S HOLE FU*KER!

Still waiting 4 weeks despite promise "it was on the way"

called three time still hasn't shipped it only $26.00 what goinh
on ???????bewar

i paid for item and have not recieved it -otwo months ago. i have
emailed w/o re

ABSURD - 1 1/2 MONTHS SINCE CHECK CLEARED- STILL WAITING FOR ITEM

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
thats a bad ad Rob,

you need to take them all to a loft and lay them out and

photograph
them then, or a grassy field. Measure Leech, Luff and Foot.

Show all
the corners and makers tags. I thought you were a pro at

photography.

Many people like me have no ideal what a J boat sail measures,

but
might have a need if it's the right measurements

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

was going to bid on that sail, but then saw the negative
feedbacks.

What would you do with the spinnaker, Scotty??? BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Fly it
off the Siedlemann???

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Scumbalino

Capt. Rob wrote:

What would you do with the spinnaker, Scotty??? BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Fly it
off the Siedlemann???

Whatever he did with it would be more impressive than you dangling it at the
dock.

--
Capt Scumbalino

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Whatever he did with it would be more impressive than you dangling it
at the
dock.

I posted a pic of the C&C spinnaker flying. Never saw Scotty doing so.
I doubt he even has a spinnaker.

RB
35s5
NY

Mainsail question... Capt. Rob ASA 14 January 20th 06 11:57 PM
Bristol 35 .. around 1975 .. for cruising question Thomas Wentworth Cruising 0 January 18th 06 03:32 AM
Next question ;;;;;; is that your final answer ?? Thomas Wentworth Boat Building 6 December 23rd 05 10:10 PM
Mercruiser outdrive question John Chaplain General 3 October 23rd 05 05:50 PM
Newbie Question: 40' Performance Cruiser question (including powerplant) charliekilo Cruising 19 October 19th 05 02:30 PM