Default Message To The Moderator

Wilbur checks out your headers
Wilbur:

You wrote . . .

AOL and Google Groups - oh, never mind. This explains your
stupidity.

If the above shows my stupidity, mea culpa. However, knowledge is the
sure cure for ignorance. Personally, if you could teach me a way to
access the group without having to wade through every post, it would
be greatly appreciated.

You can send me the information directly or post it to the group if
you think others, who share my stupidity might benefit.

As for your comment about censorship, I would have to agree. It is
just difficult reading Larry's comments with respect to Jews, Israel,
religion, America, etc., on a site supposedly dedicated to sailing
topics. I would expect to see such statements on a skinhead, political
or conspiracy theory group. And while I sometimes find the sailor-to-
sailor (or non-sailor) banter tedious, if not amusing, I stick around
for the useful information that is often posted here by enthusiasts
much more knowledgeable that I. It helps me to better my own
abilities.

Thanks.

Gregg Dennhardt

"DoctorD" wrote in message
[...]

Forget it man... he's just a troll.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

DoctorD wrote:
Wilbur checks out your headers
Wilbur:

You wrote . . .

AOL and Google Groups - oh, never mind. This explains your
stupidity.

If the above shows my stupidity, mea culpa. However, knowledge is the
sure cure for ignorance. Personally, if you could teach me a way to
access the group without having to wade through every post, it would
be greatly appreciated.

You can send me the information directly or post it to the group if
you think others, who share my stupidity might benefit.

I think the best way is once you see a thread is going a way you aren't
interested in, stop reading it and if you have a newsreader, once you've
gone through and read all the messages you do find interesting you can
"mark newsgroup read" so that you never have to see those unread
messages again. I don't think you can do this with Google groups, but if
you get a free newsreader (I use Thunderbird) they will have that
feature as well as others to help you separate the wheat from the chaff.
For example if you never want to read anything by Wilbur you can filter
out all messages by him. You'll also have to filter out about ten other
names who are all him pretending to be different people. Don't worry.
You can tell which names are him because anyone who trumpets agreement
with him or admiration of him is actually just him.

Stephen

"DoctorD" wrote in message
Wilbur checks out your headers
Wilbur:

You wrote . . .

AOL and Google Groups - oh, never mind. This explains your
stupidity.

If the above shows my stupidity, mea culpa. However, knowledge is the
sure cure for ignorance. Personally, if you could teach me a way to
access the group without having to wade through every post, it would
be greatly appreciated.

Stop using Google Groups. The user interface is a total waste.

Get a real News Service Provider and use a real news client.

You can send me the information directly or post it to the group if
you think others, who share my stupidity might benefit.

As for your comment about censorship, I would have to agree. It is
just difficult reading Larry's comments with respect to Jews, Israel,
religion, America, etc., on a site supposedly dedicated to sailing
topics. I would expect to see such statements on a skinhead, political
or conspiracy theory group. And while I sometimes find the sailor-to-
sailor (or non-sailor) banter tedious, if not amusing, I stick around
for the useful information that is often posted here by enthusiasts
much more knowledgeable that I. It helps me to better my own
abilities.

Thanks.

News reader clients have good tools to allow you to manipulate what you see
and what you don't see. If you like censorship then, by all means, censor
what you see but stop trying to censor what others see.

Wilbur Hubbard

Message to the Moderator DoctorD Cruising 83 January 21st 09 05:06 PM
Moderator? Joe. R General 92 March 11th 04 07:54 PM
Admin: Moderator inactivity Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard Marketplace 1 August 13th 03 04:40 PM