Default Message to the Moderator

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:27:25 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:16:22 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Really? How so? I'm not putting him a racial class, although I'd
suggest 3rd grade... again.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Go look up Goyim in your dictionary.

Why? I never used that term. Go look up Hitler in your dictionary.

And, I suppose, you never hear that term from any Jews, right?\

Sure. So, what's your point? Because one person uses a term, all people of
that ethnic background are guilty? What about the Christian who uses it of
himself when around Jewish friends. Would he be a racist of his own race?
think you're grasping at straws.

Actually Larry is correct, most societies have words which may be less
then complementary to describe people from outside the society. I have
been called a Yankee in Georgia and they didn't mean a guy from New
England, the Chinese have some interesting terms Quialo or Angmo,
"Foreign Devil" or "Red Haired Devil". You are a Farang or Farangi in
many Asian countries and in Indonesia to be called a "Orang Blanda" or
"blond headed person" was actually dangerous at one time as the term
originally meant Dutchman and was enough to get you mobbed in some
areas.

The fact is that these terms are openly and commonly used to describe
a foreigner in most countries. In fact, about the only place I have
been where it was politically incorrect to call a spade a spade was
the good old USA.
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Correct about what? He asked if I ever heard the word goyim from a jew. I
said that just because one person says it that doesn't qualify as all people
from the same group as being racist. Larry is not correct, and his attempt
to use race-baiting language to support an argument is disgusting.

I'm confused so I looked in the wiki:

In modern Hebrew and Yiddish the word goy is the standard term for a
gentile....

In Yiddish, it is the only proper term for Gentile and many bilingual
English and Yiddish speakers use it dispassionately.

The term shabbos goy refers to a non-Jew who performs duties that
Jewish law forbids a Jew from performing on the Sabbath; typically,
lighting a fire to warm a house.

So Goyim is a derogatory term already?
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce In Bangkok wrote in
:

what do we
call a person who paints houses; a person who welds metal; a person
who milks a cow; or a bloke that catches fish?

Poor....(c;]

"Capt. JG" wrote in
ions:

This seems to imply that the meaning of words don't change over time
and across societies. They do. Thus, using a word in the 1800s might
be fine, but using the same word in the 21st century could easily be
wrong and hurtful. Equating the use of the word waiter to the N word
isn't really a valid comparison. If anyone thinks it is, then they're
being disingenious to make a point or they're just plain dumb.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Is "Jew" one of those hurtful words since the infiltration of the US
Government? Why does that always result in an attack, no matter how you
say it?

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
ions:

This seems to imply that the meaning of words don't change over time
and across societies. They do. Thus, using a word in the 1800s might
be fine, but using the same word in the 21st century could easily be
wrong and hurtful. Equating the use of the word waiter to the N word
isn't really a valid comparison. If anyone thinks it is, then they're
being disingenious to make a point or they're just plain dumb.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Is "Jew" one of those hurtful words since the infiltration of the US
Government? Why does that always result in an attack, no matter how you
say it?

I think you're a loon. No one that I recall ever said that "jew" was a
hurtful word.

You believe that conspiracies are everywhere, apparently.

I'm just wondering what the hell happened to you for you to be so hateful
toward an entire race.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 00:19:26 +0000, Larry wrote:

Bruce In Bangkok wrote in
:

what do we
call a person who paints houses; a person who welds metal; a person
who milks a cow; or a bloke that catches fish?

Poor....(c;]

True, but I'm not sure that some people want to be called 'po'boy'.

On another group there is a poster who seems to have no formal, or on
the job training, other then his native shrewdness, and he is billing
$65.00/hour for doing general factory repairs and modifications.
running electrical wires, connecting machines, etc.

For those who are not "adders" that is %520 a day. Not bad for a
country boy, so I'm not sure how poor some of these "doers" are.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
You mean that "waiter" is somehow derogatory? I can't believe that it
is. In my collage days I worked parking cars at a Miami Beach night
club. there were a lot of waiters working there and they used to call
themselves "waiters".

By the way, the "Indians" don't call themselves "Native Americans" in
their own language, why should the rest of us?

And if "Native American" is correct why isn't "Scottish American"
correct in mine? And can I sue anyone that refers to me as a WASP?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

I was born in America. This makes me a "Native American" as far as I'm
concerned. If that offends anyone, they can take it up with the Great
Spirit.

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

?? Never said waiter was. Did someone else? I'm not sure what anything has
to do with what a group calls themselves vs. what others call them when
attempting to lump them into some less than human way, but feel free to
explain. If you want to call yourself a Scottish American, go for it. As
far as wasp goes, you probably don't want to use that term around the
rich, white anglosaxon protestants at the local cpuntry club, not if you
want to have any company on the patio anyway.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Some years ago there was a push to get away from using the words "waiter"
and "waitress," presumedly because "waitress" was considered sexist. So we
instead got terms like "wait staff," "servers," and the rarely-used but
still funny, "waitron."

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
You mean that "waiter" is somehow derogatory? I can't believe that it
is. In my collage days I worked parking cars at a Miami Beach night
club. there were a lot of waiters working there and they used to call
themselves "waiters".

By the way, the "Indians" don't call themselves "Native Americans" in
their own language, why should the rest of us?

And if "Native American" is correct why isn't "Scottish American"
correct in mine? And can I sue anyone that refers to me as a WASP?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

I was born in America. This makes me a "Native American" as far as I'm
concerned. If that offends anyone, they can take it up with the Great
Spirit.

Were you born in Canada, Mexicon, the US, or in Central or South America?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
[...]

I always call them wait person. Hey wait person, where's my f*ckin eggs?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bruce In Bangkok wrote in
:

$65.00/hour for doing general factory repairs

Organ service is $129, which includes up to 2 hours labor and 25 miles
total on the truck. After that minimum charge, which keeps me from arguing
with the customer over a 10 minute job figuring out he had it plugged into
a light dimmer and THAT was making the LOUD HUM on it, my rates are $70/hr
and 70c/mile. From the comments I get from manufacturers wanting me to go
do warranty work for them, I'm way lower than the big cities. It's been a
comfortable living since 1986, full time since 1988.

If I'm off on Tuesday, I spend my time day trading stocks on
crashing/crashed companies, much on the pink sheets. I bought Worldcom
(MCI) the bankrupt communications company at 6c/share and chickened out at
22c/share, trying not to cry when it finally got to 32c/share before going
to Zero for the last time. I saved a copy of the stock certificate they
were forced to send me for 180,000 shares....(c;] Recently, I bought
Wachovia at $1.94 when they went bankrupt and sold them for $6.48 after
Wells Fargo, also now in financial trouble, bought the company for
$7/share. I dumped the stock because I didn't want to get stuck with a
falling Wells Fargo stock trade scheme that dropped after the deal. It was
the right thing to do.

No, I don't want to buy Ford or GM, thank you......

My biggest regret, in hindsight, was I didn't see any future in Micro$oft
stock back when the company looked like this:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/.../microsoft.jpg
Look at them! Who the hell's gonna buy software from THEM?!

That picture's on the wall as a reminder of how stupid I can be.....at very
rare times.

Moderator? Joe. R General 92 March 11th 04 06:54 PM
Admin: Moderator inactivity Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard Marketplace 1 August 13th 03 04:40 PM