Default Oops. Carnival employee falls overboard.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/01/01...ch/index.html?
iref=mpstoryview

Y'all be on the lookout for this young man drifting in the Gulf Stream off
Vero Beach.

I bet Carnival would trade you two tickets on the cruise he was working on
for his LIVE carcass so he could go back to work.....in his life jacket
this time.

MMC MMC is offline

"Larry" wrote in message
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/01/01...ch/index.html?
iref=mpstoryview

Y'all be on the lookout for this young man drifting in the Gulf Stream off
Vero Beach.

I bet Carnival would trade you two tickets on the cruise he was working on
for his LIVE carcass so he could go back to work.....in his life jacket
this time.

From the news reports, it didn't sound like they even attempted an MOB.
Maybe because he wasn't a paying guest and the publicity wouldn't be so bad
if they "just" lost one of thier own?
That's one industry I wouldn't mine seeing cut way back. When they came into
Port Canaveral, they were given new terminals right were the locals used to
anchor, shore fish, camp and generally enjoy ourselves. After 9/11, we can't
even drive our boats into those basins.
And recreational boaters are held to much stricter adhereance of the
environmental laws than cruise ships.
I've heard BS like, "their are only a few cruise ships and so many boaters".
True, but those ships carry thousands who are all eating, drinking and
defecating.
I worked at the port for a while and one of our jobs was to "bunker" (pump)
lube oil from the delivery truck to the ships and the old oil to our truck
for delivery to the recycling plant. Always had a load coming off all the
ships we bunkered to except the cruise ships. I'm thinking they dumped old
oil and sewage off shore at night. and probably trash as I never saw that
hauled off the ships.
Yeah, I think our financial catastrophy will clean up (do away with, or cut
back) some of these useless industries.

Larry wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/01/01...ch/index.html?
iref=mpstoryview

Odd. I figured those cruise ships had huge lifelines so even drunk
cripples won't go overboard. I wonder what this guy was doing to defeat
such lines.

I don't know what a fall of 82' into the water will result in as far as
injuries but the guy may have been knocked unconscious by the water or
by contact with the hull.

I'd also think that the cruise ship has a MOB procedure. That is, as
soon as the crew saw him go overboard, they notify the bridge which will
mark the spot with their equivalent of a MOB on their GPS.

Like so many stories, more questions than answers.

"Goofball_star_dot_etal" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 03:07:09 +0000, Larry wrote:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/01/01...ch/index.html?
iref=mpstoryview

Y'all be on the lookout for this young man drifting in the Gulf Stream off
Vero Beach.

I bet Carnival would trade you two tickets on the cruise he was working on
for his LIVE carcass so he could go back to work.....in his life jacket
this time.

You are all soul.

Cruiseships are a Zionist plot.

"slide" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/01/01...ch/index.html?
iref=mpstoryview

Odd. I figured those cruise ships had huge lifelines so even drunk
cripples won't go overboard. I wonder what this guy was doing to defeat
such lines.

I don't know what a fall of 82' into the water will result in as far as
injuries but the guy may have been knocked unconscious by the water or by
contact with the hull.

I'd also think that the cruise ship has a MOB procedure. That is, as soon
as the crew saw him go overboard, they notify the bridge which will mark
the spot with their equivalent of a MOB on their GPS.

Like so many stories, more questions than answers.

Never saw any of those on a recent Alaskan cruise... They would mark the
spot, but it would take a while to get back or launch something. If you're
not floating, you're sinking.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com