Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Oops. Carnival employee falls overboard.

"slide" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/01/01...ch/index.html?
iref=mpstoryview

Odd. I figured those cruise ships had huge lifelines so even drunk
cripples won't go overboard. I wonder what this guy was doing to defeat
such lines.

I don't know what a fall of 82' into the water will result in as far as
injuries but the guy may have been knocked unconscious by the water or by
contact with the hull.

I'd also think that the cruise ship has a MOB procedure. That is, as soon
as the crew saw him go overboard, they notify the bridge which will mark
the spot with their equivalent of a MOB on their GPS.

Like so many stories, more questions than answers.

Never saw any of those on a recent Alaskan cruise... They would mark the
spot, but it would take a while to get back or launch something. If you're
not floating, you're sinking.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com