Hoges in WA

Default Swing keel / Lift keel

Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?
Just scouting around for a long voyage retirement boat. (read = dreaming at
this stage)
thanks
--
Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds.

Tom Shilson

Hoges in WA wrote:
Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?

There are several, but the only one that comes to mind immediately is
the Hinckley Bermuda. Here is one listed by Hinckley:
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/view...ckley&access=P

You may have to cut/paste the URL if it wraps on you.

Tom
of the Swee****er Sea

Hoges in WA

Hoges in WA wrote:
Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?

There are several, but the only one that comes to mind immediately is
the Hinckley Bermuda. Here is one listed by Hinckley:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/view...ckley&access=P

You may have to cut/paste the URL if it wraps on you.

Tom
of the Swee****er Sea

That's a lot of boat tucked into 40' !!!
--
Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds.

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:16:37 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

"Tom Shilson" wrote in message
. ..
Hoges in WA wrote:
Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?

There are several, but the only one that comes to mind immediately is
the Hinckley Bermuda. Here is one listed by Hinckley:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/view...ckley&access=P

You may have to cut/paste the URL if it wraps on you.

Tom
of the Swee****er Sea

That's a lot of boat tucked into 40' !!!

The Bermuda 40 is not a lift-keel boat, but a keel-centerboarder. The
ballast is in a shoal keel with a CB trunk inside it.

It is very pretty to look at and very slow for its size, though OK for
a 25-ft waterline. Hinckley maintains a sizable charter fleet
including many Bermuda 40s, so anyone who is interested can try one
for a week or so.

They had three different hull designs (below the waterline) through
the years. I don't know if Tripp was responsible for all of them. Also
many interiors, with lovely joinery.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

Ask not with whom the buck stops . . .

David Schoonmaker

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message ...
Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?
Just scouting around for a long voyage retirement boat. (read = dreaming at
this stage)
thanks

The Sabre 34 has a keel/centerboard. See, for example:

http://www.whittakercreek.com/charters/sabre34.html

I've chartered this boat on several occasions, and it's among the best
sailing boats I've had the pleasure of handling. Note that the
pre-1985 models are considerably different from the later ones,
although both had centerboards as options.

David Schoonmaker
Hoges in WA

..
"David Schoonmaker" wrote in message
m...
"Hoges in WA" wrote in message

Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?
Just scouting around for a long voyage retirement boat. (read = dreaming

at
this stage)
thanks

The Sabre 34 has a keel/centerboard. See, for example:

http://www.whittakercreek.com/charters/sabre34.html

I've chartered this boat on several occasions, and it's among the best
sailing boats I've had the pleasure of handling. Note that the
pre-1985 models are considerably different from the later ones,
although both had centerboards as options.

David Schoonmaker

David:-

Very nice. Most of the 2nd hands are into my price area too. I'll put it
on the 'firm favourites' list.
--
Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds

From swing keel to fixed keel Haakon Dybdahl Boat Building 4 June 8th 04 03:52 PM
San Juan 21 swing keel problem Lee Huddleston Boat Building 11 June 8th 04 12:09 AM
Swing keel 25 MMC Cruising 24 February 22nd 04 07:12 PM
Swing Keel '25 Gary Webster Cruising 2 February 20th 04 04:59 AM