JAXAshby

Default Seaworthiness of Mac26

BULL****.
Yet another idiot claim from our resident clown.

check it out, yo-yo. catamarans "out there" sink at an unethical rate as
compared to mono's.

Check what out? Show us a site that proves that cruising cats aren't safer
than monohulls. Another worthless claim from the jaxhole.

http://www.cs-bb.com/forums/CSBB/index.cgi/read/9154

http://www.cs-bb.com/forums/CSBB/index.cgi/read/9182

http://www.cs-bb.com/forums/CSBB/index.cgi/read/9275

Jeff Morris

Did you even look at the links? One talks about the Iroquois, a very early
design from the '60's, only 30 feet, which did have problems. They also did a
considerable number of passages, including IIRC a circumnavigation.

The second provides a number of links to mishaps involving a 19 foot cat, a
"Route du Rumb" racer, Groupama, one of the most extreme racing boats ever made,
a Prindle 18 capsize, a daysailing dive boat in Hawaii, and a fictional movie.

Another tells the rather improbable third-hand tale of two 42 foot cats falling
over in an anchorage from a 40 knot gust. (Most modern cats are designed to
stay upright with full sail sheeting tight, with a 45 knot wind on the beam.)

Pretty lame, jaxie. But its about what we expect from you.