posted to rec.boats.building

Default From Toronto - down St. Lawrence river

Good day to all;
In two weeks I’m planning to go from Toronto downstream St. Lawrence
River.
I do not have any destination – all what I have is three weeks off
from work, 40’ sailboat, and my two hands.
I like to ask you for suggestion, advice any pro and cons; where to
stop, what must to see, what afraid of – anything what will help me to
make this trip as simple and nice as possible.
My plan is sail down and leave the boat somewhere for winter – to
continue exploration next year.
Good plan/idea or not?
Thanks in advance.
(Mr.) Mada
posted to rec.boats.building

Depending how far you want to get, you can spend quite a bit of time
exploring Eastern end of lake Ontario and the 1000 Islands.

As for the locks going down the river, they are really quite straight
forward. check out the pleasure craft section on www.seaway.ca or at
least read the pleasure craft guide at http://www.seaway.ca/en/pdf/pleasurecraftguide.pdf

Hope this helps a bit.

Matt