posted to rec.boats.building

Default Marinepoxy in Europe

Hi all,
Doas anybody knows something about availability of marinepoxy in Europe.
Andrzej

"AndrzejM" writes:

Hi all,
Doas anybody knows something about availability of marinepoxy in Europe.
Andrzej

I don't know what you mean by "marienepoxy" but if you simply
mean epoxy suitable for laminating there are many manufacturers
in Europe.

Two examples:

I built my boat using epoxy from a Swedish manufacturer (Nils Malmgren AB)
http://hem.bredband.net/b262106/
http://www.nilsmalmgren.se/

SP used to be an UK firm. They have been bought by someone, still
European though.
http://www.gurit.com/sp_home.asp?sec...e=%2D+ Marine

There must be many others.

--
Martin Schöön "Problems worthy of attack
show their worth by hitting back."
posted to rec.boats.building

I don't know what you mean by "marienepoxy" but if you simply
mean epoxy suitable for laminating there are many manufacturers
in Europe.

Two examples:

I built my boat using epoxy from a Swedish manufacturer (Nils Malmgren AB)
http://hem.bredband.net/b262106/
http://www.nilsmalmgren.se/

SP used to be an UK firm. They have been bought by someone, still
European though.
http://www.gurit.com/sp_home.asp?sec...e=%2D+ Marine

There must be many others.

--
Martin Schöön "Problems worthy of attack
show their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

Oooops!.. you're right... I'm too focused on one special product...
Watching websites of http://www.bateau.com/, buying plans from them,
and knowing the opinions (and price) of their brand name "Marinepoxy"
i was looking for the same product on European market.
They were on our market before, but I'm affraid they've stoped that.
Thanks for links, resins range looks good, but anyway I think
american stuff is cheaper (specially now) and little less complicated in my
opinion,
(all these misterious numbers and names - I know it is usefull, but for real
first time builder just resin
and hardener (ok, could be fast, medium, slow) would be enough.
So, if there are more builders of small boats with wood-epoxy method, who
would be kind enough to indicate some
resin and glass suplyiers - I'd be gratefull.
Regards
Andrzej

"AndrzejM" writes:

They were on our market before, but I'm affraid they've stoped that.
Thanks for links, resins range looks good, but anyway I think
american stuff is cheaper (specially now) and little less complicated in my
opinion,

I won't argue with "cheaper" but I don't understand "less complicated".
I have used WEST, SP, some French brand, NM, some high-grade stuff from
CIBA-Geigy... not much difference in handling any of these in a
wood-epoxy or laminating scenario.

(all these misterious numbers and names - I know it is usefull, but for real
first time builder just resin
and hardener (ok, could be fast, medium, slow) would be enough.

Are there any other alternatives than resin + hardener? (Well, I have
actually come across one type that also included the handling of tiny
amounts of "accelerator".)

--
Martin Schöön "Problems worthy of attack
show their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

Cruising to Europe with a Pet Norm Cruising 6 April 26th 06 04:25 PM
Sailing in Europe? Nellie Struiwig General 0 January 17th 05 07:43 PM
4 stokes in Europe Calif Bill General 6 November 5th 04 12:21 PM
Class 3 in Europe Ronan Keane Whitewater 0 October 6th 04 10:33 AM
WTB: MARAMU in Europe/USA Christina Colclough Marketplace 0 November 20th 03 05:51 PM