posted to rec.boats.building
Martin Schöön Martin Schöön is offline

Default Marinepoxy in Europe

"AndrzejM" writes:

They were on our market before, but I'm affraid they've stoped that.
Thanks for links, resins range looks good, but anyway I think
american stuff is cheaper (specially now) and little less complicated in my
opinion,

I won't argue with "cheaper" but I don't understand "less complicated".
I have used WEST, SP, some French brand, NM, some high-grade stuff from
CIBA-Geigy... not much difference in handling any of these in a
wood-epoxy or laminating scenario.

(all these misterious numbers and names - I know it is usefull, but for real
first time builder just resin
and hardener (ok, could be fast, medium, slow) would be enough.

Are there any other alternatives than resin + hardener? (Well, I have
actually come across one type that also included the handling of tiny
amounts of "accelerator".)

--
Martin Schöön "Problems worthy of attack
show their worth by hitting back."