posted to rec.boats.building

Default Wanted:Chris Craft 12 ft Kit Boat

I'm searching for someone with this boat that can either sell it to me or
take some measurements from it so I can complete the plans and get started
building the boat.

Any condition is OK, I can use it for a pattern boat or restore it.

I've contacted the Mariners Museum that has the CC records but no
construction plans for this boat.

I've also posted on the Chris Craft Club site with no luck.

I built one in my youth but while in military service my parents needed the
money and had to sell it, at 71 years of age now, I want to re-create my
youth!

Don Dando

posted to rec.boats.building
Senior Member

On Feb 27, 11:17*am, "Don Dando" wrote:
I'm searching for someone with this boat that can either sell it to me or
take some measurements from it so I can complete the plans and get started
building the boat.

Any condition is OK, I can use it for a pattern boat or restore it.

I've contacted the Mariners Museum that has the CC records but no
construction plans for this boat.

I've also posted on the Chris Craft Club site with no luck.

I built one in my youth but while in military service my parents needed the
money and had to sell it, at 71 years of age now, I want to re-create my
youth!

Don Dando

Out of curiosity, was it a clinker style miniature of their larger
vessels? Inboard, cabinsole deck, etc.? Because if you could get the
lines, you could probably draw up a pretty accurate clone.
posted to rec.boats.building

When we went looking for plans for a 17' Chris barrelback we ended up
purchasing a scale model and then extrapolated the measurements up to full
scale.

If you go to delftship.com you can download freeware hull design software
from which a lines plan can be generated. After establishing a design the
hull can be rendered and rotated in real time to evaluate the lines of the
boat. I also adjusted the bottom shape to increase efficiency on plane.

A dxf file can then be exported to CAD to take off an accurate table of
offsets.

You can check out our boat at www.edison-marine.com. While we think she is
a very beautiful boat she is also a green vessel being powered by electric
motors!!

"Woody"

. net...