posted to rec.boats.building

Default Riveting Aluminum

Ok... I recently asked some quastions about aluminum designs, and get an
earful about riveting vs welding. I recently (today) picked up a wreck
(fixabvle) cheap (the trailer is worth more than I paid) old Tracker bass
boat. I'll probably use it as practice for my welding project, but there
are some things that it actually looks like it would be easier/better to
rivet/re-rivet. They are a funny looking rivet though. On the outside they
are a round smooth dome, but on the inside they kinds look like a pop rivet
with a stub of the pull tang still in it.

What kinda rivets are those?

What tools do you need to install them?

Can they be had reasonably by the back yard builder?

Where can I order them on the web?

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Aluminum boom Barrett Bonden ASA 6 December 17th 06 05:34 PM
WTB: Aluminum Boats by Kaiser Aluminum Brian D Boat Building 5 March 27th 06 01:53 AM
Aluminum and...what? engsol Cruising 5 June 30th 05 08:13 PM
FS: 38' Aluminum Sloop in OR Over40pirate Marketplace 0 July 21st 04 10:48 PM
Aluminum Boatbuilders? Aluminumhullsailor Boat Building 3 October 10th 03 11:53 PM