Aluminumhullsailor

Default Aluminum Boatbuilders?

I am thinking of having my bare aluminum sailboat hull built by a
shop. If my time can be better spent making money paying them may be
best. Anyone have tips, suggestions, or experience with any builders
that do aluminum? I am looking for yards in North America only.

Thanks

DHN
Stephen Baker

DHN says:

I am looking for yards in North America only.

Kanter in Canada (http://www.kanteryachts.com/) do a good job for a fair price.

Steve

Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm
Jim Woodward

Topper Hermanson has a good rep:
http://www.thboats.com/

You might ask Dave Gerr, as he likes aluminum and has designed quite a
few aluminium boats:
http://www.gerrmarine.com/dave.html
While, like all professionals, eventually he expects to get paid for
his time, he'll let you pick his brain for a while, no charge.

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

DHN says: