posted to rec.boats.building

Default Setting solid rivets

Any suggestions on setting solid rivets? I have approx a dozen to drill out
and set, I have no compressor

posted to rec.boats.building

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:39:54 -0500, "Nelson"
wrote:

Any suggestions on setting solid rivets? I have approx a dozen to drill out
and set, I have no compressor

1) Rent a compressor and air tool
2) Use a hammer, rivet set and bucking bar
3) Use aviation rated pull rivets and suitable pop rivet gun

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
posted to rec.boats.building

Thank you for the heads up and concidering I work at Home Depot, rental may
be the besat option, I set thousands before when I used to work at
Multi-Vans building transport bodies so I might as well do it right lol :-)

Nelson

Setting rivets Nelson General 3 November 10th 07 11:49 PM
rivets chuck General 1 March 27th 07 05:15 PM
Rivets willie p via BoatKB.com General 5 October 2nd 06 11:30 PM
rivets willie p via BoatKB.com General 0 September 20th 06 01:56 AM
Loose Rivets HiTech Redneck Boat Building 1 November 9th 05 11:44 PM