posted to rec.boats.building

Default Help! How do I get rid of this oder in my boat!

On Jun 21, 2:55 pm, wrote:
On Jun 18, 8:25 am, "Bryan's Wildblue News"
wrote:

Any suggesstions?

Look for a dead animal (mouse) somewhere in the boats hull, just a
suggestion. I got one in my jeep once. The little ******* got up into
the windshield frame and died, took a good while just to find it, not
to mention taking it out and fumigating the frame with bleach..

I once had a chest freezer that went out at the beginning of a two
week vacation. Apparently I accidentally kicked the cord out of the
wall as I walked thru the garage. We had just packed it with a half a
beef. When we got back the stench was unbelievable when I lifted the
lid. Everything inside was liquefied except for the bones. I closed
the lid and turned the thing back on and after it was frozen solid I
removed the contents as chunks of ice. The odor remained however.

I had previously heard from a friend that had bought a nice car real
cheap because someone had died in it and left an odor. He cleaned the
car to no avail. But then he took a mayonnaise jar lid and pilled up
a pile of ground pepper in the middle. Then he wetted it down with
lighter fluid and lit it on fire. After the fire went out the peak of
the mound of pepper was glowing like a punk. He left that sitting in
the car till it burned out. The odor was gone but replaced by a new
odor, the odor of burning pepper. Not as bad, and it faded out.

I tried it on the freezer and it worked like a charm. It was a couple
of months before the burning pepper odor was gone, but is was more
pleasant than the rotten meat smell.